Backend search filters

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 9 months ago #18278

Business 1.5.1. Tested on categories and products. If you have pagination activated, go to any page other than the first page and search for a category name or product name/code in the filter no results are displayed. The $pageInfo->limit->value and $pageInfo->limit->start are not reset when you perform a search.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 9 months ago #18282

Could you try to add the code:
if(JRequest::getVar('search')){
$app->setUserState( $this->paramBase.'.limitstart',0);
}
after the line:
$pageInfo->search = $app->getUserStateFromRequest( $this->paramBase.".search", 'search', '', 'string' );

in the files administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php and administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php

12 years 9 months ago #18294

Did you test it? For us it has not made any difference. We have found a different solution that also permits pagination of the filtered results when necessary. I'll include it in the manufacturer files I'm sending you today. It is the view.html.php for the backend.

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by jameswadsworth.

12 years 9 months ago #18304

I tested it and it made it work properly for me.
I looked at the view.html.php file in your package but didn't see any difference with the 1.5.1 release file (I've used winmerge to compare the files).

12 years 6 months ago #25642

Hi Nicolas,

I know that you are working on filters at the moment, so may be this suggestion has already been included. It would great if you find products by categories. So in the product listing you search for a category name and it lists the products in that category or sub elements

Thanks, James

12 years 6 months ago #25643

That will be something possible on the front end with the filters. However, on the back end, we won't change the listing of products, at least for now.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds