Variants not displaying

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #20895

Hi There

I have created some variants and added them to a product and they display in the product page in the administrator area, but not in the shop front. Under the configuration menu > main > Variant published by default is set to YES. What else do I need to do to get them to display?

Cheers
Nigel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 9 months ago #20913

Hi,

You don't have to create variants and add them to products...
You should:
Create a Characteristic via the menu Products->Characteristics with it's possible values.
Add that characteristic to your product
When saving the product the variants will be created automatically based on the characteristic's values.
You can click on the "manage variants" button to personalize the variants.

12 years 9 months ago #20941

Nicholas
Yes thanks, I know how to add the variants and I have already done this as you suggested, and they display in the product in the admin area fine. The problem is when I go to the shop front the vairants do not display. It must be something to do with a setting, but i have already turned on under the configuration menu > main > Variant published by default is set to YES.
Nigel

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 9 months ago #20943

If you have troubles with the display of variants of a product on the front end, you should:
1. Delete all the variants of the product on the listing of variants that you can access via the button "manage variants" on the product edition screen.
2. Delete the characteristics of the product.
3. Save the product.
4. Add the characteristics again.
5. The system will regenerate all the variants automatically and you should be able to see the dropdowns properly on the front end.

12 years 9 months ago #20946

Thanks Nicholas, that did the trick :P

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds