Category Multi-Column List Display in 1.5.2

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #21200

This morning I downloaded and installed 1.5.2 on my development site and noticed a problem with a Category List Menu display. It should display 3 columns and a maximum of 12 categories, and was doing that with the same settings in a previous version. Now it will only display one column in List mode but Div mode displays three. I'd rather use List mode so what do I need to do to get three columns back in List mode?

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by hdracing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 9 months ago #21212

That's probably because you customized the CSS of HikaShop and thus you didn't get the modifications we made in it for the new way of displaying lists in columns.
You will have either to switch back to the default CSS and reapply your CSS modifications or put the new list CSS in your modified CSS file. I'm not sure but I think that we added the code below for that:

.hikashop_category_list_item, .hikashop_product_list_item{
float:left;
}
.hikashop_product_list, .hikashop_category_list{
display: inline-block;
list-style-type: none;
text-align: left;
}

12 years 9 months ago #21249

Nicolas,

Deleting and reapplying my changes to the views is usually the first thing I do after installing an update, but didn't do it this time. Thanks for the reminder!

As for the CSS file, doesn't the new file get used and any overrides applied to the new file. I don't remember changing anything in CSS that deals with that, but will check.

Ed

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by hdracing.

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 9 months ago #21259

If you don't edit the CSS file and still use the default file then yes, you will get the updates.
In that case, it must come from a view you customized...

12 years 9 months ago #21263

I had indeed edited the CSS file. It's been awhile since I last looked at that file and was thinking it had an override feature like the language file. My mistake - It's all good now.

Thanks,
Ed

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds