Related Products Display

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 1 week ago #151791

I know this is a basic problem, but I spent hours going round the forum and the documents yesterday and cannot work out what I have done wrong.
I have created a HikaShop Content Module in Joomla modules to display related products.
My problem is that this displays random products in the category listing and the products listings. I only want it to display the "related products" that I chose to go with individual products.
I have tried unpublishing the module, but then no related products show.
I'd be grateful for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #151870

I cannot believe that I am the only person who struggled with this one, so having not been given any help, but now having found the answer, I thought I would post the solution:

First you create a new module in the joomla modules manager choosing "HikaShop content module" and leave it unpublished in the joomla options of the module.

Then click on the HikaShop options link for the module. Choose "Type of content" to be "product" and the option "Content on product page" is set to "Related products".

Finally.... and this is the important bit... go to HikaShop configuration and click on the "Select" button of the "Modules under the product page" option. Choose Yes for Related products and remember to click OK to save the configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dilum_tharaka

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 1 week ago #151797

Hello,
The best things to do will probably be to read that documentation : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#related

How to display your related products below your products:
1. Create a new module of the type "HikaShop content module" via the joomla modules manager and leave it unpublished in the joomla options of the module.
2. In the HikaShop options of the module (there is a link to them on the right of the module's joomla options screen), make sure that the "Type of content" option is set to "product" and that the option "Content on product page" is set to "Related products".
3. In the configuration of HikaShop, click on the "Select" button of the "Modules under the product page" option. Set your related module to published and click on OK. Then, save the configuration.

• Thank you received: 8
9 years 4 months ago #183704

Hello Mohamed,

I'm struggling with this process as well. I've followed your instructions in this link:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#related
step by step for several times. The related products are not showing on my products page no matter what I try.

I'm quite sure I've followed the instructions correctly but I'll detail them for you:
1. I've created a new module under Extensions -> Modules manager of the type "HikaShop Content Module" and name it "Realted Products". I left it unpublished, and made sure it was assigned to "On all pages". It has no position set to it. Clicked on "Save" and the "HikaShop Options" appeared.
2. In "HikaShop Options" I've selected "Type of content" -> "Product" and "Content on product page" -> "Related Products". Clicked on save and close.
3. Under Hikashop's "System" -> "Configuration" I've clicked on "Display" -> "Modules main default options" (you didn't mention this part in your documentation). Under "Modules to display under the main area" (there is no "Modules under the product page" option) I've clicked on "Select" and from the popup window I've published my "Related Products" module and clicked on "OK". I saved the configuration settings.
4. I've made sure that under my product page I've got several products assigned as related products.

Nothing is showing on my product page. When I checked the module under Joomla's extensions the module was still unpublished. I tried to publish it but there was no effect.

I'm using Hikashop essential version 2.3.4 on Joomla 3.3.6.

Forget it, There is "Modules under the product page" under the main options. I just didn't find it in time. Sorry for that...

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by theguy.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 2 months ago #188113

I am having problems with the Related Products Display. In the docs and on this post it references "Modules under the product page".

Did the label get changed? On my backend, I can only find "Modules to display under the main area" by using Configuration->Modules main default options.

If so, than I cannot seem to get it working.

My product page shows a title for Related Products, but no products show.
www.intelligenthustler.com/TEST_SERVER/T.../product/corset-4688

I have confirmed that the product page on the backend has product added to the Related Products (screenshot)
Did I miss a step or am I looking in the wrong spot for the "Modules under the product page" area?

Thanks

Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #188150

I've made the same exact mistake. I guess for some people it's more intuitive to search under Display -> Module.
This option is actually under Configuration -> Main -> Product. See attached screenshot.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 2 months ago #188288

Thanks theguy, but apparently that is not my issue as it looks like that was already checked. Darn it.

Still not displaying the products, but I am seeing the Title on the product page.

Confirmed on the backend that there are products associated

Anyone have an ideas what I am missing here?

Attachments:

9 years 2 months ago #188323

Check under "Modules Manager" and see if your "Related Products" module is assigned to a specific position. If so, remove the assignment. In addition, check the module's "Menu Assignment" and make sure it's set to "On all pages".
If that's not it, in the module, click on "HikaShop Options" and check that you've selected the proper "Associated category". Check that the "Content on product page" is set to "Related products". Check that the "Type of content" is set to product.

BTW, did you make sure that the product you've selected as a related product "Innocent Angels Fishnet..." is published?

If non of the above works for you, try deleting the module and the content of this module under "HikaShop Options" and try to recreate it.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 2 months ago #188419

Hi,

The module is right displayed and the related products are right displayed.
The issue is related to the HTML/CSS.

For an unknown reason, the product listing is display in a

<div id="portfolio" class="super-list variable-sizes clearfix isotope" style="position: relative; overflow: hidden; height: 440px;">
And with the hidden overflow + the CSS to force the size on "auto" with a relative container.. The final size of the block is "0px" height.
So the content is there, you just don't see it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 6 months ago #298607

The only thing I can add with my short experience is that a product mast have assigned a characteristics.
They can be formal with no mandatory a variants defined.
If you can't see in product label a "Choose options",you can't see a related products.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds