Picture not shown when selecting characteristics

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 10 months ago #156892

Hi,

I created a product (shoes) in HikaShop and I associated a picture to this product. Works fine on the frontend. Then I created within this product, a characteristic called 'Size', from 33 to 44 (shoes size) and I display the characteristic as a drop-down list. My problem with this characteristic on the frontend is: When I display the product on the home page (without selecting any characteristic), the picture is displayed correctly, while when I select a shoe size, the picture disappear. What happen here? How can I display the picture of the shoe, even when selecting the characteristic from 33 to 44? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 10 months ago #156896

Hi,

Can you try to create a new product with picture, add a variant directly to it and see if it's working ?
If it's not working, you can still force the image by adding it in the variants, but that should work without this work around.

Thanks to give us a screenshot of your product edition page.

9 years 9 months ago #158031

Hi,

I created a product (shoes) with a picture, I created several variants (size) and I even associated a picture with each size.
As a result, when I go to the home page of the shopping option in my web site, I can see the picture of the shoe. But this picture disappears when I use the drop-down list to select a show size. Attached a screenshot.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 9 months ago #158038

Hi,
Just to be sure that you are using the last Hikashop version, Can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?

9 years 8 months ago #165584

Hi,

Sorry for coming back so late. I had to fix others issues on my web site before coming back to your comment above. I have installed HikaShop Starter 2.3.2 on Joomla 3.3.1. I created a product with a picture (call it tee-shirt), and added 1 variant: color (values= red and blue).
- Test 1: I didn't add any picture into each variant. In the frontend, when I go to the tee-shirt product, the picture is displayed correctly but when I select a color (red or blue), this picture disappear.
- Test 2: I added a picture into each variant (a picture of a red tee-shirt and a picture of a blue tee-shirt). In the frontend, when I go to the tee-shirt product, the picture is displayed correctly but when I select a color (red or blue), this picture disappear. Same problem as in test 1.
Can you help me?

• Thank you received: 13035
9 years 8 months ago #165585

Hi,

This likely indicates a bug in the customization that was made to the product page layout, either by you, your joomla template, on an extension that you installed like an image zoom extension.
If you can provide a link to the product you're talking about, we should be able to provide a more precise answer as to what to do.

9 years 8 months ago #165642

Please go to www.gimnasticasantcugat.cat/ , login with username=bemim25 , pwd=bmlrbmlr, then go the menu to select the option: ENLLACOS > DISPLAY DIV/DIV.
Select the option: Punteras gimnasia > Punteres de competicio. Then you will be able to select the size (from 31 to 39). Select any of these size and you will see that the image of the show disappear.
Thanks for your help!

• Thank you received: 2322
9 years 7 months ago #165675

Hi,

I see the problem on your website. It is due to an opacity set to 0 on the image.
This is not caused by HikaShop but by a plugin you installed on your website.

We don't use this kind of properties. I think that this kind of plugin allow a better page loading because the image with a opacity of 0 are not loaded, but as the variants is a dynamic system so the plugin don't handle that.

Thanks to disable this plugin.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 4 months ago #177702

Hi all,

I've got exactly the same issue on www.pimienta.eu
- Joomla 3.3.4
- Hikashop 2.3.4

The template is 'Henry', a nice template for Hikashop by 'Templaza.com' that I have just slightly tweaked.
The template is based on Plazart FrameWork, based itself on T3.

The whole thing was working very smoothly even despite the Hikashop upgrade to 2.3.4 I made.

This was up until when my client and I introduced the 'variants' this week : everything is working fine, except that the images from the variants are not showing up when selecting a variant on the product page. Ex: you arrive on the product page, and you select a new color : the picture of that variant is not displayed (only the thumbs of the other variant pictures).

Please check it yourself on the website, for instance with the very first product.

I have tried many things, including
- recreating from scratch a product with its variants, all in a row, to make sure the system recreates everything. It didn't change a thing.
- checked if there was an 'image loading' thing that was preventing the picture to load. Didn't find anything (but I'mn not good at that)
- tried to re-install Hikashop
- tried to check the template features, to see if javascript was placed at the wrong place
- tried to load / unload the multilangual features
- tried to put real 'product code', 'alias names', 'variant names' in both languages in case... Nothing changed.

The very, very strange thing is that, in rare cases, it has been working... But reloading the page was making it not working anymore !! Without any changes ! I thought it was due to the languages changes. Sometimes changing languages made it worked. But it was not systematic at all...

Then I thought it was due to the size of the window... Not clear.

All in all, I am not good enough to go further in my investigations...
I really need some good piece of hints from you guys...

Reading you on others posts, it is probably due to loading of the picture. What would be confirmed by the fact that in some case it has been working for me...

Any idea ?
Do you need a backend access ?

Many, many thanks in advance on this,

Best
Dominique

PS: I'm leaving the website online for easier check...
But it is not yet ready for the public yet.

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by DomJam. Reason: typos and more details

• Thank you received: 13035
9 years 4 months ago #177721

Hi,

This comes from the customization of the view files of that page which are not correct for handling the variant images.
Probably either the "show" or the "show_default" or the "show_block_img" files of the "product" view which must be overridden by your template in order to customize the display of the page.

The best would be to contact your template provider so that they can fix the issue in the template override files.
Alternatively, you can rename these files under the folder templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product in order to deactivate the customization from the template and that should help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DomJam

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 4 months ago #177865

Hi and...

many many THANKS !! :lol: :lol: :silly:

Yesterday, thanks to your answer, I have been able to track and solve the bug only in 1 hour.
Without you showing me the right direction, it would have taken me hours ! And may be I wouldn't have found it at all alone.

It was indeed a stupid 'width: 0px' set for the img that was causing the trouble. Small correction in the 'overide.css' and things were all good.

Many thanks again.

Dominique

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by DomJam. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds