Image quality on mouseover zooming

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 8 months ago #168606

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 7.0.6

Hello there,

I'm struggling with the image quality of the mouseover zooming. It seems to just enlarging the thumbnail although the pop-up image is much better (and bigger). This results in a blurry image in the zoom-box showing the ugly pixels.

I set the thumbnail size to 1032x1284 and the product image size to 258x321 px. The image size further down is also set to 1032x1284 px.
If I set the product image size to the bigger value, then - of course - the layout is wrecked.

I'm still working local - so I can't give you an url. I can provide a url where you can see the effect though ... colourocity.com/aquabumps/index.php/buy-.../product/1-wolf-pack

I couldn't find a solution searching the whole night :blink: Hopefully you can help me here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 8 months ago #168608

Hi,

It's not a native HikaShop plugin or function, so the "official" support here might be unable to help you. However, if you used the search, you could have found other threads on the general topic here, i.e. this one where the last post was made only 2 days ago: www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/1654-ima....html?start=20#56502

Good luck!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, PioneerDesign

9 years 8 months ago #168645

Thank you for that hint. That leeds me to the template provider (GAVICK Storefront) again. Hopefully there is a solution. Otherwise I'll try a module mentioned in you link.

• Thank you received: 4006
9 years 8 months ago #168615

Hi,

@PioneerDesign
If you want that the Image Zoom looks better, you should use an image with a higher resolution.
The original image (if you click on, it will open the popup with the original file) is a little bit too small.
colourocity.com/aquabumps/media/com_hika...s-1-1_1528597969.jpg

And the image is the image you uploaded, because it's a image in the folder "upload", not in the folder "thumbnails" (which are the thumbnails generated by HikaShop).

HikaShop can't create a higher image with a smaller picture, even if it resize it, it won't be a nice good image ; more an ugly one.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 8 months ago #168652

Hello Jerome,

my problem is that even when I upload an image with 4MB in size (which is then reduced to about 556KB and a resolution of 1032x1133) the zoomed image is still showing a magnified 321x258 sized picture. Clicking on the product image shows the bigger 1032x1133 pixel image - so that's fine.

So the product image should also be 1032x1133 in resolution, but only showing as an 321x258 pixel image. Is there a way to handle this in CSS?
Looking at the code with my browser tool it seems that the image height of the product image is an inline element (it doesn't name a css file).

Probably it really is an issue of that zooming module/plugin used by the template.
Regards,
Daniela

9 years 8 months ago #168655

See attachments... :dry:

Attachments:

9 years 8 months ago #168683

I used Magic Zoom (Plus) now, which works without any tweaking in the code. For an online store it's worth the money and saved more time spending on searching for a solution. ;)

Thanks for your efforts.

The following user(s) said Thank You: shtacson

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds