Category Display Listing

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 7 months ago #172120

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 Starter
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 37.0.2062.120

I realize my HikaShop is a version behind, but that's because I'm going to be buying either the Essentials or Business Edition as my business is starting to have a bit of an up tick.

In the Category Listings on my sales side, it shows the categories vertically in a row. Is there a way to get them to show something like 2 or 3 side by side before it goes down to the next row?

Examples can be found here....
ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shopping.html

But it's the sub category under each Manufacture I'd like to change here...
ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shoppin...ron-wind-metals.html

I've tried to figure this out on my own, but I just cannot. I even tried finding it in the FAQ's or "manual"...but either I missed it or it's not there.

Also...the width of the categories is very wide, and doesn't need to be that big. Where can I edit the width of the category listings so it's barely wider than the Category Image displayed?

Thank you very much

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Dragon41673.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 7 months ago #172146

Hi,

Both pages are handled with the same code.
If you go in the menu Display>Content menus and edit the one with the id "549" you'll see the option "number of columns" where you can change the number of columns of these pages.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 7 months ago #172241

Awesome, I was killing myself trying to figure that one out & I have definitely missed that listing. Thank you Nicolas!

I've noticed that the system doesn't automatically re-size the uploaded category image, so I'm having to go in & edit each image that is shown as they are much larger than the category boxes now displayed at 3 wide, which is fine...I can do that no problem (it's just a small hassle). Is there a way to upload an image & have the system automatically re-size it properly for the box without me having to edit each individual image?

I notice there are Image Width & Height text boxes I can enter info in to with a px after the box...so I'm assuming that means pixels, correct? If so, is that where I would define how wide & tall I want my images to upload, or do those two parameters define only how large the display area is for the image uploaded?

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 7 months ago #172252

Hello,

I notice there are Image Width & Height text boxes I can enter info in to with a px after the box...so I'm assuming that means pixels, correct? If so, is that where I would define how wide & tall I want my images to upload, or do those two parameters define only how large the display area is for the image uploaded?

The solution will probably be to go on your category listing content menu configuration page through "Hikashop->Display->Content menus->YourCategoryListing" and use the "Image Width/Height" options.
Note that using some CSS code can also be a solution : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragon41673

• Hikashop Business
9 years 7 months ago #172358

Thank you Mohamed! I'm still very new & learning how to do all this, but I will give this a try...thank you!

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds