Skip to main content

Sub category menu not always displaying

More
11 years 2 months ago #209220 by featha
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.38
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 41

bigskyhost.com/clients/komnik/index.php

When I navigate to a category from my main menu (Products > coffee), I can either click on the 'sub category picture' in the middle or on 'sub category link' on the left. For example: Products > coffee > coffee beans

The subcategory menu (Coffee), plus the ordering cart and the menu (Main Categories) always display on the left.

But, when I navigate to Hospitality Supplies the menus on the left only display when I click on the 'sub category picture' in the middle. For example Biscuits.

If I navigate to Biscuits by clicking on the 'sub category link' on the left, then the sub category menu is not displayed anymore.

I have compared my settings in the Hikashop Options of the products and also in the modules, but cannot find the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #209257 by nicolas
Hi,

That's not what I see.
When I go to the "Hospitality Supplies" menu link, I can see the left menu:
take.ms/PoyjU
Did you find the solution already maybe ?
Or maybe I didn't understand what is the problem ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #209285 by featha
The problem is that the menu only displays correctly on all the links of'Coffee'.
With Hospitality Supplies, if I click on the image 'Biscuits' then the Main Category and subcategory links display on the left
BUT when I click on the word 'Biscuits' on the left then the 'subcategory menu' does not display.
Attached find the process so you can see when the menu disappears.

PS: I also notice now that the background and heading plus breadcrumb trail is a bit different from the page where everything loads correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #209372 by nicolas
Hi,

There were no images attached to your post.

From what I understand, your issue is that : take.ms/o6iMt
In that case, you want to edit that module via the menu Display>Content modules and change the "menu" option to you "hospitality supplies" menu item.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #209704 by featha
Oh damn, doesn't help if I forget the attachment. I went to Display - content modules. But doesn't seem that this solution is there.

I have now attached.When you click on the center image link 'Biscuits' the Ordering Cart, Hospitality Supplies and Main Categories menus display on the left.
But when you click on the leftside text link 'Biscuits, then the Sub Category menu is gone.

Also check the 'breadcrumb' is now different and the Heading has changed. So it is loading something different.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #209706 by featha
PS: I see there was an error with the upload of the image. It probably happened the previous time too. Here goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #209708 by nicolas
Hi,

Can you go in the menu Display>Content modules, edit that left side module (with the id 276), and provide a screenshot of all the settings there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #209828 by featha
Hallos, the document is attached: KOMNIK_Module-id276-HospitalitySupplies.pdf

I have also loaded screenshots of the setting for the 2 menus (top menu and left main category menu), to compare if you need to.

Thank you for your help so far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #209919 by Jerome
Hi,

Next time, please prefer JPEG images instead of PDF file ; it's lighter and a lot easier to display.

For the "KOMNIK_Module-id276-HospitalitySupplies.pdf" ; the module is configured to use the menu "Hospitality supplies"
But it looks like that the selected menu is not the used menu ( komnik-franck-hospitality-supplies )
Because you have a generic url ( index.php/products/category/31-biscuits ) it means that the menu "Hospitality supplies" is not an HikaShop menu, otherwise you will have a clean and nice SEF url.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #210037 by featha
This took me a while to figure out... Thank you very much for sorting it out for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum