Hikashop Category Then Going to a Product Listing

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 8 months ago #210321

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0

HI there,

I am wanting to know if I can set the Category layout from a menu link, and then it loads the catregory layout. When a user chooses a category, that the next category is a 'Product Listing' layout.

Is there a way to do this? If so, how?

Many thank for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 8 months ago #210322

Hi,

Did you take a look at that tutorial page ?
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html

Best is to use a category listing menu with a product listing module.
If the first category do not have any product inside and you display "direct sub elements" for the product listing ; you won't see the product listing on the first page but you will see it on the next pages (on the sub categories).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 8 months ago #210365

Hi Jerome, Yes I have but I find a lot of the documentation a bit confusing when it comes down to certain things :(

Perhaps my reading or comprehensions skills are not good, I do not know.

I will do as what you suggested above and hopefully I will get that result. Thanks!

8 years 8 months ago #210402

I have attached how it is outputting now.

At the moment it is still outputting 'catregories_listing' but it is having the Products listing under the DIV submodules. Is this what is supposed to do?

because I am not wanting the categories_listing (I tohugh it should be 'products_listing) as it is displaying the title. I could hide that by CSS but I would prefer to make sure I have it setup correctly. As there is no way that I can see that I can turn off the Categories title as I have my own specific content that I am displaying in the category information.

Thanks.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 8 months ago #210423

Hi,

If you want to turn off the display of the page heading of a menu item, you can edit that menu item via the Joomla menu manager and turn off the "show page heading" setting there.

8 years 8 months ago #210444

Thanks for the reply. However I need the title for the category above it, but not under its child. I a assuming it is inheriting that it requires a title from the parent.

Because if you click the menu item of the category listing, and then on that page click the next category it will not be relevant to a menu listing.

I guess I would need to do it in the category Iinformation then if thats the case?

8 years 8 months ago #210445

I actually have 'title' in the menu settings for that category turned off. If I change the menu name, the title is being generated from the category name because if I change the category name it changes.

So I have no way of being able to turn off the content generated from Hikashop from 'category-view box bigtitle'

Thanks.

8 years 8 months ago #210480

Hi,

So I have no way of being able to turn off the content generated from Hikashop from 'category-view box bigtitle'

You do. As I said in my previous message, if you turn off the "show page heading" setting of the menu item, that will remove the title from the menu item pages.

I actually have 'title' in the menu settings for that category turned off. If I change the menu name, the title is being generated from the category name because if I change the category name it changes.

The system will either use the menu item title or the current category name for the title. This depends on the "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" setting of the menu item.

And you can still hide the title for only some categories with simple CSS like this:
.hikashop_category_listing_XXX h1{ display:none; }

Where XXX is the id of the category for which you want to hide the title.
Note that looking at your HTML, this won't work on your website has your template has customized the listing view files and doesn't include the hikashop_category_listing_XXX class in the main div of your listings like HikaShop does by default.

8 years 8 months ago #210516

Hi Nicholas

I believe for that View file I didnt touch that part of the DIV giving the category_listing a XXX. But the ID category_information_menu is getting a XXX however. Is this not correct?

I was trying to avoiid doing it by CSS, but I will try just doing your 'show page heading' to on with it blank instead, thanks :)

One last thing, is it possible to use SVG for images because the quality of my images on mobile devices is awful as I am using line drawings (similar to icons and technical drawings) and they look not very good. Thanks.

8 years 8 months ago #210526

In follow up to what I said above, what I did was remove the image for the sub category images, and replace it with a custom field for categories to be able to add my own SVG images in there instead.

However the problem I am having is that Hikashop's HTML field for entering in data is deleting my OBJECT code to be able to insert the SVG when I save it. I also tried EMBED but it also does it.

Is there somewhere in the Hikashop code I can remove it doing this? I am using Text editor only and in the 'Descreiption' field it doesnt remove the code. Just in the custom field I created with WSIYG editor.

Thanks!

8 years 8 months ago #210535

Hi,

Each menu will have his menu ID in his html ID.

HikaShop can handle SVG images but you need to update your HikaShop configuration in order to add the "svg" as an authorized image format :
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...fig.html#main_images

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #210589

Hi Jerome, your link comes up with a page not found error? I will try and find it by search but if you could perhaps update the link it would be good. Thanks.

8 years 8 months ago #210638

Just click on the link in the forum ; not in your email.

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #210864

At first I did that and thought was why but then I tried it in here before you posted and the link is still not valid.

However I assume you are referring to the options in configuration to add the SVG file extension. I didnt actually know you could add anything in there, and I done that and is working fine......now my drawings are nice and clear in tabs/phones :) Thanks.

8 years 8 months ago #211527

Hi there, I added a custom field for an image in products, however the SVG is coming up with an error on the upload even though I added the support for it and it works in categories. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Attachments:

8 years 8 months ago #211528

Hi,

Are you sure that is a custom field for images ?
Because the message indicates that you have a "file" custom field, not an image one.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 8 months ago #211593

Hi Jerome, yes definitely using Image as a custom field.

8 years 8 months ago #211636

Hi,

We're not able to reproduce the issue.
Can you provide a screenshot of the settings of that custom field and a screenshot of the "Files" area of your HikaShop configuration?

8 years 8 months ago #211647
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by ninjab.

8 years 8 months ago #211679

Hi,

Ok I see the issue.
Can you also add the svg extension to the "Allowed files" setting of the HikaShop configuration and try again ?

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds