- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 3
Responsiveness problems and Bootstrap option
11 years 1 month ago #211233
by SarahW
Responsiveness problems and Bootstrap option was created by SarahW
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.thelavenderlady.co.uk/index.php/shop
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.2.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 39.0.3, Chrome 44.0.2403.130m
I've created templates for two Joomla/HikaShop sites using Themler, and I have the same problem on both: with the HikaShop option 'Use Bootstrap design' on, a category product listing displays in a single column even when it's set to display in multiple columns; with the option off, the product listing displays correctly but is not properly responsive (items overlap on a small screen). The site linked here currently has 'Use Bootstrap design' turned off.
The Themler template uses Bootstrap, so I'm guessing that it might be a question of pointing Hikashop at the right CSS - but I don't know how to do that. Any help gratefully accepted.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.2.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 39.0.3, Chrome 44.0.2403.130m
I've created templates for two Joomla/HikaShop sites using Themler, and I have the same problem on both: with the HikaShop option 'Use Bootstrap design' on, a category product listing displays in a single column even when it's set to display in multiple columns; with the option off, the product listing displays correctly but is not properly responsive (items overlap on a small screen). The site linked here currently has 'Use Bootstrap design' turned off.
The Themler template uses Bootstrap, so I'm guessing that it might be a question of pointing Hikashop at the right CSS - but I don't know how to do that. Any help gratefully accepted.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211235
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Responsiveness problems and Bootstrap option
Hi,
Your template seems to load some Bootstrap 3, but not Bootstrap 2. But HikaShop is, like native Joomla, supporting only Bootstrap 2 (though BS 3 support is under way, I hear).
So, turning Bootstrap off in HikaShop is the right thing to do for you. "Missing responsiveness" can then be added with custom CSS and media queries, such as
for product listings such as in the page you're linking to.
In case you wonder, here is documentation on how to do so: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
More similar code may be required for other shop elements or pages, of course. But so it goes if things aren't 100% compatible out of the box, and I'm sure you'll find more support here if you need it.
Your template seems to load some Bootstrap 3, but not Bootstrap 2. But HikaShop is, like native Joomla, supporting only Bootstrap 2 (though BS 3 support is under way, I hear).
So, turning Bootstrap off in HikaShop is the right thing to do for you. "Missing responsiveness" can then be added with custom CSS and media queries, such as
Code:
@media (max-width: 767px) {
.hikashop_products_listing .hikashop_product {width: 100% !important;}
}
In case you wonder, here is documentation on how to do so: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
More similar code may be required for other shop elements or pages, of course. But so it goes if things aren't 100% compatible out of the box, and I'm sure you'll find more support here if you need it.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211242
by SarahW
Replied by SarahW on topic Responsiveness problems and Bootstrap option
Great - thanks very much for that lousyfool. Really helpful
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #260970
by river
Replied by river on topic Responsiveness problems and Bootstrap option
Joomla 3.6.5
Hikashop 3
Protostar template
NOTE: This i regarding hikashop 3
I've set the HikaShop » Products listing !>Div to display 3 Rows with products.
This also works perfect on my iPad in wide view.
But on the my iPad in "Narrow view" it only displays the products in 1 rtow, and I want it to display the products in 2 rows.
Any advice on what CSS code I can use to get the Products listing to display to rows with products in iPAD narrow view ?
Hikashop 3
Protostar template
NOTE: This i regarding hikashop 3
I've set the HikaShop » Products listing !>Div to display 3 Rows with products.
This also works perfect on my iPad in wide view.
But on the my iPad in "Narrow view" it only displays the products in 1 rtow, and I want it to display the products in 2 rows.
Any advice on what CSS code I can use to get the Products listing to display to rows with products in iPAD narrow view ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 8 months ago #260973
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Responsiveness problems and Bootstrap option
Hi,
HikaShop 3 do not have any relation with Bootstrap ; it uses his own responsive grid system now.
Please use another thread in the forum and create a new one if necessary.
Regards,
HikaShop 3 do not have any relation with Bootstrap ; it uses his own responsive grid system now.
Please use another thread in the forum and create a new one if necessary.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds