Auto display popular/new products in same category

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #212362

Well, I'm completely pissed off - I just can't understand how to auto display popular or new products in the same category on the product page. Can anybody point me? :pinch:

That is I want to create one module, lets say New Products, and attach it under the product page to automatically display new products in the same category.

I did according this article www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...splay-front-end.html
but the result is always the same - I get all categories product listing.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 7 months ago #212404

Hi,

Your settings look good.

So either it's not the correct module you're seeing at the bottom of your product pages, or the issue is with the product itself. If the product is linked to several categories the system will load the products from all these categories. If you don't want that and that the system uses only the category that was used to access to the product, you would have to turn off the "simplified breadcrumb" setting of the HikaShop configuration so that the category_pathway parameter would be added to the URL of the product page with the id of the category from which the customer is coming so that the system could use it instead of using all the categories of the product.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim Moore

8 years 7 months ago #212425

I've got it about a product belonging to several categories.
But when I turn off the "simplified breadcrumb" setting - nothing happens

8 years 7 months ago #212433

Hi,

Then it means that you have a canonical URL in your product. Remove it and clear your cache, and you'll see the new URL with the "category_pathway" parameter in the link to the product page and you'll be able to enter that new URL as canonical URL.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim Moore

8 years 7 months ago #212587

Well, but is that really a good way to make an URL? Now I have :
sitename.com/category-name/product-name/category_pathway-n - the latter seems to be excessive

8 years 7 months ago #212609

The category_pathway parameter is what allows the system to know from which category you're coming from.
The URLs are indeed less nice in that case. That's why the option is activated by default and that you don't see the parameter.
It's a trade off.
We can't at the same time not add that parameter and use that parameter in order to know where the customer is coming from.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds