Slideshow Above Product On Product Page

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 11 months ago #238830

Hi,

I am using business edition. Is there a method to display individual product slideshows at the top of each of my product page? I am also using CK slideshow.

Thank you,
Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
7 years 11 months ago #238837

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you want to do.
If you want to display that slideshow module on top of the product pages, what's there from stopping you to configure that module in that top position on product pages via the Joomla modules manager ?

• Hikashop Business
7 years 11 months ago #238933

I can't seem to get a slide to show up on an individual product page just under header.

I created a menu with the product link so that when I go to slideshow ck I can select it and then selected the module position for my slides but it never shows on an individual product.

In all other sections like product listing the slide shows fully. On product page it is just a module looking box with title only, no full slide.Please see images to see how the slide is not fully showing on product page. It is like it is not pushing down the content to reveal the slide. Shows on Product listing fine though.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by fan4chevy.

7 years 11 months ago #238935

Hi,

Wouldn't that mean that the problem is with your slider module not loading properly for some reason ? Maybe a setting of the module, or a bug in the module ? So I would recommend to contact the support of that module. They should be able to better help you regarding that module.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 11 months ago #238959

I would have thought that but I have tried other mods too. The mods show up under the menu bar except for product page.

So perhaps I am doing something wrong. The only way I could think of is to create a menu with each product listed in the menu pointing to that product. Reason being is that when you click on mod menu assignment, there is no other way I could see to point the mod to the product page.

7 years 11 months ago #238995

Hi,

A module either displays on all the pages of a menu item, or none of them.
If it displays differently, then there is specific code in it to handle that.
And since that seems to be the case here, I don't see any other option than to seek advice with the support of that module.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 11 months ago #239040

The reason I am scratching my head on this is that it is isolated only to product page. I have tried custom mods and slides, but none show on the product page specifically. If I set it for product listings, categories, home, etc no problem.

So I don't believe it is a module problem. It appears to be more of something that I am not doing for a module to find the individual product page.

Maybe I am doing it wrong. I am setting a link to the product. Then going into mod and selecting that link and mod position. Is there any other thing you can think is wrong?

7 years 11 months ago #239044

I don't see anything you could change in HikaShop if it's not a HikaShop module.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 11 months ago #239163

So is there a way to easily put an image, text or banner at the top of a specific product page? So lets say I want the image/mod/text/banner to be on product a and not b nor on product listing but only product a.

7 years 11 months ago #239166

Then, might the problem be linked to your template ? What if you try with the default template of Joomla ?
Also, maybe it's because the product page displays with another menu item than then one you selected for your module.
So make sure that it is not the case (if you have a canonical URL in the product which goes to another menu item, that could for example explain that).

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds