Need help on content display

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 7 months ago #248562

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.light-attunements.com/light-store.html
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Starter 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.6.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Latest

sorry if this is repeated question, but I'm not pro and little confused about this, please check my given link, I need to display my Store main page like this: On top categories and below it just latest products but It keeps showing two more 1-HikaShop Content Module that although I disabled it it's still there and the other one that's without title (two last modules before and of the page) Thanks a lot.

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mahachita.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #248566

I just don't know why there are more display modules than I see in back end!

• Thank you received: 13063
7 years 7 months ago #248592

Hi,

When we first created HikaShop, we had products listing displayed as modules at the end of the categories listing menu items, so that you could configure the way the categories listing would display in the settings page of the menu item, and how the products listing would display in the settings page of the module.
And it was actually possible to link several several products listing module to one categories listing menu item.

Since HikaShop 2.5, we've changed that system to make it simpler. For categories listing menu items, you get both sets of settings in different tabs of the menu item and there is no module attached to the menu item anymore.
And the system just fake a module being there for the settings of the products listing.
So you can't configure several modules under one menu item anymore.

That means that you shouldn't be able to configure that anymore on your HikaShop.
However, we had to be able to keep the system backward compatible for two reasons:
- for people on Joomla 1.5 and 2.5, the system still works the old way as we didn't want to put in the extra hours to develop something no one would use/need (people new to HikaShop would be on Joomla 3, and people on Joomla 2.5 or 1.5, were already familiar with the old way of doing it).
- when you were updating from an old version of HikaShop your menu items would still be configured the old way and thus they still had to display properly after the update.

So I suspects this is a menu item coming from an old version of HikaShop or Joomla, and I would recommend you to create a new menu item of the type HikaShop categories listing. That should prevent you from having the same problem with that menu item and then swap the two menu items so that you use the new one instead of the old one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mahachita

7 years 7 months ago #248600

Yeah!! Solved!
I'm greatly impressed by your good support, and I'm going to upgrade to business version soon!

Thanks

7 years 7 months ago #248601

I did this and that problem solved, but many of products went down, when I click on them they go to old menu URL (that I Deleted completely and removed the cash also) !

although some of the products are shown correct with new address but many of them went unalienable because when I click on them they go to old menu url.

7 years 7 months ago #248605

so now I temporary changed menu alias to what was before so people can use my store. just In case you want to check the problem to let you know problem is still there.

7 years 7 months ago #248625

Hi,

If you get the old URLs for your products it means that either you have some caching on your website and you should clear it, or that you have configured "canonical URL"s in your products and that you have the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration.
Edit the products and remove the canonical URLs and that should solve the problem.
You can also turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting but you'll still see the old URLs in search engines so it's not good for SEO.

7 years 7 months ago #248854

Dear Nicolas thanks for your help

here is what happened to me! :

First as I wrote before, I changed the cart url (alias) from "light-store" to "store", then some products were still using old urls and didn't work (but the categories were fine).

Now I changed it back to what it was first and the products are loading correctly but categories are using the new/second url "store" (that I restored to first one "light-store"),

...I made a new menu, cleared the cash but it's still the same.

when I choose "No, Generate URLs" in the SEF settings everything works fine, but I want to use canonical urls because of better SEO.

please guide me.

Update: I manually removed canonical url for one the categories and system automatically updated it to new / current menu name url.

my question is Why it doesn't automatically update the urls when you change a menu name?

7 years 7 months ago #248896

Hi,

It doesn't automatically update the URLs because Joomla has no trigger to notify other extensions that a menu item has changed.
That's why you have to do it manually.

7 years 7 months ago #248943

so why when I changed it to new alias it changed canonical URLs automatically for some?! :S

--
so what should I do if I have 500 products and I want to change my store alias?

Thanks

7 years 7 months ago #248969

Hi,

It's not possible that the system changed the canonical URLs automatically when you changed the menu alias.
You must be wrong.

If the canonical URL of the product is empty, then yes, the system will automatically fill it with the new menu alias when you ask for the display of a products listing with a link to the product page of that product.

If you have 500 products and you want to change the store alias, you want to clear the canonical URL of the 500 products.
You can do that easily in a few clicks thanks to the mass actions system by creating a mass action with an action "update the values" on the column "product_canonical":
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/167-massaction-form.html

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds