Product variants and waitlist

• Thank you received: 114
7 years 2 weeks ago #264800

Hi,

I am looking to use waitlist per product variants. I see some issue with it.

We sell clothes. So as example we have sizes/variants like this: S, M, L ( S size is set to default in back-end product variants )
Now if variant S is sold out, it wont be shown and next possible variant will be selected. That's great. This is how it is working with as for now.

However we want to show all possible variants (S, M, L) even it is sold out. So user could subscribe to waitlist based on product variant.
I have set Display out of stock products to "YES". All would be fine here if not 1 issue.

If variant/size S will be sold out and on coming to product page it will be autoselected by default with sold out message and "notify me if available" button. User could think product is sold out and wont try to switch between variants/sizes.

Is it possible to make system to move to next possible variant/size here? Also add some css class to sold out variant/size so we could use css to make it different color or something?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 2 weeks ago #264817

Hi,

There is no option for that.
You would have to change the code:
if(!$config->get('show_out_of_stock',1)){
to:
if(true){
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/types/characteristic.php

7 years 2 weeks ago #264853

Hi,

I have tried your code and i think you have misunderstood my question. Your solution does same as you would set option to display sold out product to "No"...

Please go here: goo.gl/beuqC5
You will see that XS and M are sold out. Only S has stock of 2
And by default when you come to product page XS variant will be selected. So user can think that product is sold out and wont try to switch between variants...

Ideal would be if hikashop could select next possible variant with stock and those sold out variants would be greyed out but selectable so user could subscribe for waitlist.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Many thanks

7 years 2 weeks ago #264859

Hi,

Try to also remove that code in the same file:

if(!$hasQuantity)
									continue;

7 years 2 weeks ago #265078

Hi,

I have tried to remove that code and still no luck. Default variant is autoselected regarding it has quantity or not...
I understand that this is not how hikashop is working by default. However as for now we can't use waitlist feature ( witch could lead to extra sales for us ). I have seen many sites which does same function with waitlist as we try to achieve.

I hope you could take a look into this a little bit more and add such feature in back-end settings later...

Thank you

7 years 1 week ago #265092

Hi,

I agree that we'll have to do something to completely modify the characteristic selection system because right now it has been stretched in different ways over the years to be able to have everything work together and it's reached its limits.

6 years 8 months ago #273478

Hi,

Any update on this or any solution to select next variant if default variant is sold out?

Maybe this could be done via mass action? Create mass action which would check if default selected product variant has quantity and if quantity=0 then select next product variant with quantity?

We really want to set up waitlist but due this issue we cant.

Thanks

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by kyratn.

6 years 8 months ago #273512

Hi,

Mass action won't help you there.
If you want a real solution, you'll have to have a developer work on that for you.

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
5 years 3 months ago #301558

Hi Nicolas,

We also have 2 customers who like to have the waitlist functionality on variants like it's possible for the main product.

I know it is not fun to hear, but this is indeed something you would expect nowadays at a webshop. Customers are now losing the opportunity to make additional sales.

Maybe a feature for 2019?

Thanks anyway.

Kind regards,
Lumiga

Kind regards,
Lumiga

5 years 3 months ago #301559

Hi,

Yes, that's something we want to work on in 2019.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds