How to change the display order of products

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 9 months ago #274176

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.m2820.com/store/store
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45

In my store area ( www.m2820.com/store/store ), how do I change the order of my products? In the HikaShop > Products > Products (see ProductPage.jpg attachment), I have them in the order I want them to display in the store, but I can't find where I change the order in which products show within the store area.

Brad

Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 9 months ago #274180

Hi,

Edit your menu item via the joomla menu manager and under the "products options" tab, you can use the "ordering column" to select what the ordering should be based on. If you want to use the ordering of the "order" column on the backend products listing, you can select "ordering" in that setting.

6 years 9 months ago #274236

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. If you can give a little more detail, that would be helpful.
1. Where is the "products options" tab you are referring to?
2. Are you saying to go to Joomla > Menus > Manage and look for a "products options" tab? Not sure what you are referring to here.
3. When you say, "on the backend products listing, you can select 'ordering' in that setting," where are you referring? Are you saying go here:
Hikashop > System > Configuration > Display tab > DEFAULT PARAMETERS FOR PRODUCTS then select "Ordering" for "Ordering field"? If so, I've already done that.

If you could describe where in Hikashop you are saying to make changes, it would be helpful.

Brad

Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by simo90.

6 years 9 months ago #274240

Hi,

1. As I said in my previous message, you can find that "products options" tab when you edit your menu item via the Joomla menu manager.

2. Yes. Edit the menu item of the page where you have your listing (apparently the one with the alias "store"), and you'll see that tab on the edition interface of that menu item.

3. That setting of the configuration is only the default setting. But you have the same setting in the products options tab of your menu item and that one has priority over the one in the HikaShop configuration.

• Hikashop Essential Hikashop Style
5 years 6 months ago #298726

Hi Nicolas, hope you are well. I am not sure if simo ever got it sorted with the ordering of products but I certainly cant make it work. I listed all my Joomla menu items in the hidden Joomla menu. Al have the selection - ordering. I move the menus where I want but it has no bearing on the store front. Ive tried for years now every now and then and just keep giving up. What am I doing wrong please.

PS, the video tutorial on shipping method manual is brilliant. Be nice to see more of them. Cant beat monkey see monkey do.

5 years 6 months ago #298749

Hi,

If the selection you have is "ordering" for the ordering column setting, then the ordering of the products on that menu item will be based on what you have in the "order" column of the products listing in the backend.
So go there and check the values you have in the order column.

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 2 weeks ago #305595

I seem to have the same problem. I have read the above instructions carefully and tried to follow them but without success.

In the Components > HikaShop > Products page two products are listed: a Book "Courage in a Hostile World" and a Paper "A voice to our nation" in that order:

In the Menu for the Products-listing page, namely Shop (Alias: hikashop-menu-for-products-listing), The Products options tab has the Ordering field set to "Ordering":

In spiite of that, the public Shop page has the ordering reversed - paper first, then book second:

What am I doing wrongly? Or, is there a bug in the system?

Attachments:

5 years 2 weeks ago #305604

Hi,

Please check the "order" column of the products listing in your backend. For the first product, you should have a 1 and for the second you should have a 2. If you have 0 for both then the ordering cannot be guaranted on the frontend with the ordering field set to ordering.

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 2 weeks ago #305640

Many thanks - all fixed.

The Order column had no numbers and the dropdown above was set to "All sub elements":

I changed the dropdown to "Direct sub elements":

And everything then worked as desired.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #338972

Hi,

How do i change this exact thing you show here?
I also have no numbers in the order column and i need them to change the ordering.
(if i change to direct sub elements it will show only 1 product for some reason)

Thanks

• Thank you received: 611
2 years 2 months ago #338974

Hello,

In order to more precisely answer you, can you provide a complete screenshot of your current context.
Because things can be different from an context to another.

Awaiting your returns to progress on your subject
Regards

• Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #338984

I'm sorry philip but i react here after damihyph's screenshot because i have the EXACT same situation. What else can i show you

2 years 2 months ago #338989

Hi,

The "order" column allows you to change the order of the products in the current category.
If, when you change to "Direct sub elements", you only see one product, it just means that in the current category, you only have one product directly linked.
So you need to either:
- navigate to the other categories to set the orders of the products in each category
- add the same category to the other products so that they can appear on the listing of the products of that category and you'll be able to order them.
- create a custom field of the table "product" so that you can enter a number in it for each product and then in the settings of your products listing, you can select that custom field in the "ordering column" setting so that the ordering of the listings will be based on that custom field, regardless of the current category of the listing.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 2 months ago #339078

The final solution to get to ordering by number in the order column was very easy: on the very left in your screen first click on 1 of the categories.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds