• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280848

-- url of the page with the problem -- : lebasport.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : mozilla firefox 56

hi,

I have a new situation and this happend not earlier, may be the update?

in the display of products with variant is it normal that when there is no change the description, in the variant the product description is displayed.
I only changed prizes in the variants, but then i lose the discription of some variants. not in all variants!
This is in several products and on a test site also.

see 2 attachments

best regards Ma

rius

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114
6 years 5 months ago #280852

Hi,

I think you have same issue as per this topic: www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-display.html#280507

@Hikashop

Can this be somehow fixed? Instead disabling Editor....
The issue started after Joomla has updated TinyMCE Editor. We use editor from Joomla 3.6.5 version and it works fine.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 5 months ago #280853

Hi,

That means that the description of the variants contains either empty html tags or empty spaces. And thus the system dynamically replace it. It's possible that your HTML editor add them when you save the variant.
Change the editor to "none" in the HikaShop configuration and check the variants with the issue you should see that their description contain some characters.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280874

hi Nicolas and Kyratn,

Yes indeed the editor put the empty space in the variant description. Disable the editor works. (plg_editor_none)

For my customer office employees its too difficult and i don't want them work in the configuration. Variants and price changes are difficult enough, specially when the product price is changed and the variant has a lower price! (must be empty)

I use the Ark editor. Special for (employees typing) "spelling checker" and colorbuttons.

Nicolas can you make a switch in the product description to set on and off the editor?

best regards Marius

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #280885

Nicolas can you make a switch in the product description to set on and off the editor?

Please clarify your question.

There is already a setting in HikaShop to define which editor you want to use ; so I don't understand what you mean.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #280984

Hi Jerome,

In the productpage div "description" the possibility to put "On" and "Off" the editor. The same as it is in the confiration, but that works easier for products only with variants and at once!

see my attachment image.

regards,

Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #280991

Hi,

In that case, you can use something like that:
anything-digital.com/community-products/...editor-selector.html

• Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #281056

Hi,

That is exactly what i mean, thank you Nicolas. Works with Joomla articles.

But don't work in Hikashop products. The Hikashop configuration is overruling the editor.
Now we have to fill in every description in the variants that a lot more work but the best option i think.

best regards,

Marius (menber of JUG Breda Holland)

We can close this topic :B)

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by mariussport. Reason: works with Joomla rticles, not in Hikashop products

5 years 4 months ago #300372

Hi,

I would like to bump this topic again.
I think the issue is not with editor but with hikashop it self.

We do have custom field of type product as WYSIWYG editor. We do enter some kinda measurement table for each product only and not per variants...

Now the issue.

Whenever we edit variant the empty spaces is added to that custom field those our measurement table is not visible when we select that variant via product page. System thinks we have entered something and not picking up default text from that product.
It's happening because after clicking edit variant the editor is disabled and empty space added to custom field. If we toogle editor on, space is removed and all works fine after we save it.

So it's hikashop who is adding that empty space and not editor because editor is turned off at first...

So how can this be fixed or how can we have editor always on so no space would be added?

Each time we update variant we also need to check product on front-end and it's kinda annoying.

Thanks

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #300373

P.S. It's even enough to toggle editor ON OFF and empty space get's removed but it's added each time clicking edit variant icon...

5 years 4 months ago #300386

Hi,

HikaShop has no code to add empty spaces.
Change the type of the field to "text area" instead of "wysiwyg" and you shouldn't have that behavior, which would confirm that the problem isn't in HikaShop.
Also, I tried to use the "wysiwyg" type with the none editor for a custom product field and I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my test websites. I can edit the variants as much as I want and I don't get extra spaces. This further indicates that the problem is not in HikaShop, but in a plugin being triggered and adding these for some reason (bug ?)
When you use the "wysiwyg" type, you're using an editor from the joomla editor plugins. Even if you select "none" as editor, you're using the "none" editor plugin, which is still an editor plugin. And when you use an editor plugin, all the editors-xtd plugins (plugins that add functions to all the editors) are also triggered, as well as the system plugins.
So if you want to get to the bottom of that issue, you'll have to disabling the plugins one by one on your website and test each time in order to identify which one is doing that.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds