How to generate Open Graph parameters?

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 months ago #283917

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.11

Hi,
how to generate Open Graph parameters for HikaShop products without enabling (or showing) social buttons?

Thanks
Regards

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by altrasoluzione.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 months ago #283922

Hi,

You need to enable and configure the HikaShop social networks plugin, otherwise it won't add the opengraph parameters.
Then, you can edit the file show_block_social via the menu Display>Views and add a div with a display:none style around the tag {hikashop_social} to hide it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: altrasoluzione

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 months ago #283984

Hi,
thank you for your answer.

May I suggest to add an option to social plugin to create og: tags even if all social buttons are disabled, in future release?

Thank you very much
Kind regards

6 years 3 months ago #283990

Hi,

Yes, we'll look at doing that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: altrasoluzione

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 1 month ago #304042

has this already been optimized in v4.0.2?

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by n00bster.

5 years 1 month ago #304043

Hi,

Yes, this was added more than a year ago in HikaShop 3.2.2:

We've added the possibility to only add the open graph meta tags without adding the facebook like button on the product page in the HikaShop social networks plugin.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-changelog.html
You just have to activate the open graph meta tags setting of the HikaShop social networks and not activate the other social network settings of the plugin.

The following user(s) said Thank You: n00bster, Valserine

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 5 months ago #324790

nicolas wrote: Hi,

We've added the possibility to only add the open graph meta tags without adding the facebook like button on the product page in the HikaShop social networks plugin.

You just have to activate the open graph meta tags setting of the HikaShop social networks and not activate the other social network settings of the plugin.

Hi,
I have these social plugins enabled but the facebook dev debugger says;
The following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id

The fields have all been completed on the hikashop end for several years now and we just reviewing social and google interactions. Let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,
Ian and Stu

3 years 5 months ago #324826

Hi,

Hard to say like that.
Please provide a link to a product page so that we can check on the situation.
Also, please provide a screenshot of the settings of your HikaShop social networks plugin.

• Thank you received: 35
3 years 5 months ago #324979

Hi Nicolas / hi guys,
Please, about the HikaShop social networks plugin Open Graph feature:

A - Should it work well also with Twitter Cards ?
B - Should it work well also with WhatsApp and FB Messenger ?
C - Is it working only on the Categories / Products pages or also on all the others HikaShop / HikaMarket menu items pages like Vendor pages ?
D - Please, is there any detailed documentation page on how we have to set the HikaShop social networks plugin ? (I'm not able to find it)

3 years 5 months ago #324981

Hi,

A. We never tested it with Twitter cards. I actually just learned that it existed reading your message :)
However, reading the documentation on twitter cards, it looks like it's using the standard opengraph meta tags as fallback for their own tags:
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration
So yes, it should.

B. It seems it should too:
stackoverflow.com/questions/34565559/how...-open-graph-protocol
And FB messenger should too since it's also FaceBook (facebook developed opengraph for themselves first).

C. It's only for the product details page. No other pages.

D. www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/8...social-networks.html

3 years 5 months ago #325032

Hi Nicolas,

A - B - Here some useful links for all us, Open Graph protocol :
- Facebook Open Graph
- Twitter Cards
- All the meta tags that are a must - (included FB App ID and the Twitter Site)

Our portal lives of shares, and this function is critical. By default we are managing them through the JFBConnect Social Meta feature , skipping all the Components that are yet managing them internally and automatically for all their items (Otherwise JFBC would need a specific Object plugin to manage them).

So, for example, we are skipping HikaShop because it is managing Open Graph internally and each Product page during Facebook/Twitter/WhatsApp/Messenger sharing will automatically show its own Title Description, Image ...etc.

C - Please, Can you add it to work, at least, also on HikaMarket Vendor pages and with HikaShop Product lists, Categories pages ?

D - I saw that page but it is a little bit outdated and the Open Graph feature is not mentioned. It would be good to know exactly its workflow...

Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by joomleb.

3 years 5 months ago #325052

Hi,

C. We can add that to our todo list, yes.

D. Yes, we need to update that documentation page. That option was added later on and the documentation page wasn't updated since a long time ago. We'll look at improving that page.

3 years 5 months ago #325115

Hi Nicolas,

C - Many Thanks, I'll stay tuned !

D - Thanks. We are used to look for before to waste your time here for our doubts, so, more documentation > less questions :D

3 years 5 months ago #325120

Hi,

We actually have work underway to update documentation pages. So if you find outdated documentation pages, don't hesitate to contact us about them.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

• Hikashop Business
3 months 3 weeks ago #357078

Hi!
I'm trying to activate og:image meta tags on HikaShop Business 5.0.0 products but it seems they are not generated.

Facebook debugger ( developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ ) shows the message "The og:image property should be explicitly provided..." but no Open Graph tags are generated by HikaShop (Hikashop Social Networks plugin is enabled).

Would you help me, please?

3 months 3 weeks ago #357084

Hi,

That's indeed a bug of HikaShop 5.0.0 as we rewrote the whole Social Networks plugin for this version of HikaShop.
We've released HikaShop 5.0.2 which also has a patch to make this work so just update your HikaShop and the problem will solve itself.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bellaidea

• Hikashop Business
3 months 3 weeks ago #357093

That's indeed a bug of HikaShop 5.0.0 as we rewrote the whole Social Networks plugin for this version of HikaShop.
We've released HikaShop 5.0.2 which also has a patch to make this work so just update your HikaShop and the problem will solve itself.

It seems it's ok now, thank you!
Regards

• Hikashop Business
3 months 3 weeks ago #357138

Hi Nicolas,
unfortunately I've just realized that there are still some problems, even after update to 5.0.2.

For example, it seems that product description is used instead of meta description to fill og:description.
Also, some tags like og:image and og:title are not detected by Facebook debugger https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Would you help me, please.
Thanks!

3 months 3 weeks ago #357142

Hi,

It's indeed the description which is used to fill the og:description meta tag. However, that has always been the case and that's how it is supposed to be.
The meta description is used to fill the meta description tag on the page. crawlers can already use the meta description if they wish to. The description is hard to extract from the page and so that's why it makes sense to use it for the og:description tag.

I also don't see a problem with the og:image and og:title tags on my end. Could you provide the URL of a product page with the issue ?

• Hikashop Business
3 months 3 weeks ago #357144

It's indeed the description which is used to fill the og:description meta tag. However, that has always been the case and that's how it is supposed to be.
The meta description is used to fill the meta description tag on the page. crawlers can already use the meta description if they wish to. The description is hard to extract from the page and so that's why it makes sense to use it for the og:description tag.

The problem is that the description is usually very long and the plugin takes the "not rendered" one, with snippets eventually contained in it.

nicolas wrote: I also don't see a problem with the og:image and og:title tags on my end. Could you provide the URL of a product page with the issue ?

Yes, please try with this page (but I have the same problem on almost all the pages): https://www.bellaidea.eu/catalogo/prod/biglietto-auguri-fiori-buon-compleanno/category_pathway-39 and Facebook debugger https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug (or Facebook, if you want)

Thanks

Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by bellaidea.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds