How to Discount a Single Variant to Free - Best Methodology

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #284093

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30

I have a case in which we have a serialized, digital product that is a variant. All other variants follow a specific pattern of pricing, but we want to set this one to free. It isn't clear to me if we should be looking at this as a 'discount' where we discount down to 0 on an unending discount, or if there is a pricing mechanism.

A bit of a business case on this - our component site has components for the slowly suffocated Adobe Director, so we are considering just giving our older versions of our components for Director away for free. They are serialized and licensed of course.

Id appreciate your feedback on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #284098

Hello,

Why not setting a free price for these variants ?
In the case where your main product have prices ; you can still see to set a free price on the variant by adding entries.
By having prices in the variant configuration it will not load the price of the main product. And if you really need to add a "0" price ; you can see to enter the value "0.00001". The rounding will mark the product as "0.00" so it will be considered as "free" even if it won't be a real "free product".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynn

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #284165

Thanks, the 0.00001 trick did it.

We have a series of developer components and wanted to give our older ones for Adobe Director away for free, since Adobe strangled it.

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds