about meta-tags generation

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284167

long time ago i was asking about cyrillic generation issue (it's already solved)
okay, now i noticed what generating starts from little letter
by the way, all generated keywords and descriptions looks awful
and google results about category show not description, they show info about couple products from products listing
(like: Carrot, 1$, Buy, qw78qwf7w7fwef8we7f8w7e(random symbols it's alt of image) and again another product)
(sorry if you can't understand me, i'm russian)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
6 years 3 months ago #284174

Hi,

The keywords auto generation system uses the product description. It takes all the words in there and count them. The ones with the higher occurrence are selected as keywords.
This is done when you save the product with a description and without keywords. If you change the description later on, the changes won't be reflected in the keywords unless you empty the keywords field.
Also, in the settings of HikaShop you have some settings under the SEF section of the "features" tab to configure the keywords/meta description.
You can set there an exclusion list of words, a max description size, etc.

Now please understand that it is a simple automatic system. It doesn't understand what you write in the description. If the results are not good enough for what you need, then you need to change the keywords/meta description manually. It's just a simple tool to make it quicker to configure these settings not something that could replace a human doing it.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284245

i just asked about certain issues
1. description starts from low letter
2. category description
see attachments

• Thank you received: 13036
6 years 3 months ago #284262

Hi,

There are no attachments in your last message and the attachments in your first message don't help.
First, we don't read Russian and second, we don't know how you configured the categories and/or products listed in the search results of your screenshots.
Could you provide more information on that end ?

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds