Having trouble getting HikaShop modules to show under Content

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284312

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error

I am wanting to show the Recently Viewed and the Related Product modules on Product pages

and

Show Best Seller or Best Rated Products on the home page of Shop.

In a simple slide carousel display since its built into Business.

I set the module for the div row, assign to the menu pages, but I cannot get them to display? I am putting them in module positon after the module content position for HikaShop, but no luck. They are not even showing on other areas of page like if you had a wrong module positon assigned. Simply are not displaying.

Also, not sure if its related, but my Category listing menu module will only display on the shop home page. Once you navigate to a category or product, its no longer on the sidebar, but all other modules on that sidebar still are. Again on this module, I assigned it to all shop pages, and same position it is in on home page.

I'm sure I am just an idiot who is missing something simple, but can't get it to work and have read documentation on steps to do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 3 months ago #284328

Hi,

First, you can check if the position you're trying to use is available on the page you're trying to display the module on with the tp parameter:
docs.joomla.org/Finding_module_positions_on_any_given_page
Then, if the module doesn't display even though the position is there, then it's likely coming from the settings of the module.
For example, for category listings, the common mistake is to activate the "synchronize" setting in the module which make it use the current category as main category and thus when you click on a category in the module, the module update itself to display the sub categories of that category, but if the current category doesn't have any sub categories, then the module doesn't display anything.
So make sure that this option is turned off for your categories listing module.

To be able to help with the other modules, we would need screenshots of their settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds