Create a Custom Filter for City & Area

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #285181

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : joomla 3.8.2

Hi,
I am trying to create a custom filter that can filter product by City & Area within the City. Is there any extension that can do this because previously i was do this by using cherry picker however cherry picker seems like not available anymore so is there any similar extension tat can do customise filter? or is there any possibility that custom field of hikashop can achieve this? i am trying to create a filter that exactly like this

shogun2u.com/

i tried this with custom field of hikashop but when i pick city A, the area from City B will still appear at the dropdown list, so how can i achieve only area from city A will appear after i choose City A?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 3 months ago #285195

Hi,

HikaShop business comes with a similar feature. It's called filters:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-filter-listing.html
And yes, you can combine them with custom product fields:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html
That way, you can add additional settings for your products and add filters that will allow your customers to filter your products based on these additional settings.

6 years 3 months ago #285234

Hi, thanks for the reply.

But i tried with filter of hikashop business , when i selected City A, area from city B or City C also appeared in the next drop down. how can i define the Area is Belong to which city using custom field. Example:-

When select City A, The dropdown for Area will show area A, area B, area C
When select City B, the dropdown for area will show area D, area E, area F?

6 years 3 months ago #285238

Hi,

If you activate the "auto submit" and "dynamic filter" settings of your filters, then when you select something in a filter, the other filters will only display the possible choices based on all the values possible for the products already filtered. So it should work like you want.

6 years 3 months ago #285348

Hi, below is my config, but apparently this method can only make it 1 product having 1 set of data (1 product assigned to one city).

how can i create one product and assign it with multiple set of data/city of custom field so that when i create a filter module it can dynamic showing:-

When select City A, The dropdown for Area will show area A, area B, area C
When select City B, the dropdown for area will show area D, area E, area F?

Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #285356

Hi,

Since you've selected "multiple dropdown" for your custom field, you can select several values in it, not only one. If you select another value there it should be added as well.
You can also use the "checkbox" type if you have a hard time using the multiple dropdown display.

6 years 3 months ago #285525

Hi, thanks for the reply.
as the screenshot attached, there is condition that one product is selling in multiple city, how can i group the area to the city they belong so that when i pick city A, area from City B wont appear in filter?

Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #285546

Hi,

Ah ok, I see what you mean.
In that case, that's not possible to bind different combinations together like you want.
the only solution would be to create some custom plugin with a bit of development.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds