Images from Iphone problem

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
6 years 3 months ago #285399

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : 57.0.3 (64-bit)

Hi

I am in the process of creating a site and seem to have an issue with images that are from an iPhone. The image should be in portrait mode as per attached but after uploading it is rotated to landscape. I batch saved them in Photoshop and they display as expected.

One suggestion is that iPhones save dimension data in reverse and this is what might be causing the images to rotate. I can batch change the images via photoshop but my client will want to just upload them as he adds products.

I am not sure if anyone else has raised this before, not been able to find anything on the forum.

I would appreciate some advice if possible?

The first image is from the iPhone.

Thanks

Dave B)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 3 months ago #285401

Hi,

That's indeed not supported and no one complained so far.
We'll look at adding a system to auto rotate the images during the upload to avoid that issue.
For now, I can't provide any solution as it's not that easy to add that capability and will require some proper development.

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
6 years 3 months ago #285432

Hi

Thanks for the reply Nicolas. I suspect that in most cases other have probably used software to resize the images before uploading them, that may be why this has not been raised before.

It appears it is also a problem with JCE EDITOR

I have just tried the Joomla media manager and run into the same issue, tested on 2 different sites and severs.

Looks like the customer will need to re-save images before uploading. I can do a bulk conversion then it would only be one or two at a time .

Maybe I can post something the Joomla forums relating to this.

Thanks

Dave B)

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by davec.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds