Prevent loss of show_default view on upgrade

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 2 months ago #286092

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.27

Hi,

We have just started on a project to build a new website for a local business.

To get the right display on the product page, we have altered the show_default template.

My question is how can we avoid this being overwritten if there is an update to Hikashop. We would prefer to make a copy of the show_default template (for example,show_default_2). However, when we tried to do this, we cannot choose it from the drop-down list in the configuration.

I am sure someone will have asked this question before, but I cannot find it in the threads. If you could point me to the answer, that would be great.

Many thanks for your help.

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 2 months ago #286095

Hello Richard,

Adding your customization via "Hikashop->Display->Views" will do the job, for more information :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 2 months ago #286135

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your reply.

We already know how to edit the template/view. My question was asking:
]

1. Will any change we make to the "show_default" PHP file be overwritten when Hikashop is updated?
  2. Is it possible to create a copy template based on the default to prevent overwriting?
  3. How would you select the copy template (the drop down allows you to choose defaul/table/reverse at the moment)?

I hope this makes it clear.

Best wishes

Richard

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 2 months ago #286142

Hi,

1. Not if you do it via the interface we provide in the Display>Views menu.
2. The overrides are stored in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/ So if you want to back them up, to can just copy the folders/files in there via FTP.
3. If you want to add new layouts for the product page, you can edit the show_default one, change the "default" text in the input at the top ( for example to "custom" ) and save. That will add a show_custom view file in your template and then in the "layout on product page" setting of HikaShop you will be able to select your "custom" product page layout on top of the ones already available by default.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds