Gift Certificate Selling

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #288273

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0_20
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A

Before I get to deep into this, will Hikashop Business version allow me to sell printable/emailed gift certificates. I have multiple clients that want to sell gift cards.

In short I would sell 3 gift cards from 3 separate customer, that payments would go to 3 separate pay pal accounts. I've been reading up on coupons, but would I be able to accomplish this in this way?

Thank you for any help or direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 1 month ago #288292

Hi,

If you want the payments to go to different paypal accounts, then you want to use HikaMarket Multivendor.
With it, you can attached different products (the gift cards) to different vendors and each vendor can configure a PayPal account for the payments.
You can also have commissions on the payments.
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hikamarket-multi-vendor.html
HikaMarket can be installed on top of HikaShop to add that multivendor capability.

6 years 1 month ago #288308

Great thank you, then for the gift card is there a how to on that or is that just a product of coupon?

Thank you for your help

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 1 month ago #288314

Hello,

It depends what you want to do exactly with your gift cards ; but if you want to generate dynamically some HikaShop coupons, the easier would be to use HikaSerial and its "coupon generator" plugin.
So, when some specific product would be bought, HikaSerial will generate a coupon (by copying an existing one) and display it in the order details (and order email) ; with plugins such as "attach serial" or "pdf serial" it's even possible to add images or PDF for displaying the coupon details.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...serial-tutorial.html
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ugins-coupongen.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 1 month ago #288351

Sorry, I have not been specific.

I want to sell a product (gift card), that someone can buy on my site, for example "hika shop", I list the gift card for 100.00 someone buys it and then can go to the "hika shop" store and use it.

Just like a home depo gift card or any other retail location gift card, or even a restaurant.

The transaction goes like this.

A user comes to my site, finds a restaurant that has an ad listed for gift certificates, the user clicks on it buys the gift certificate at my site, then the transaction happens in the background via the multiple vendor plugin, then the user goes to the restaurant and used the gift card at the restaurant.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 1 month ago #288366

Hi,

So you indeed want to use HikaSerial in combination with HikaMarket and HikaShop so that HikaSerial can generate a serial (if you don't provide a list of serials already) and attach it to the order sot hat the customer can then use that serial (a code) at the restaurant.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds