selling photos using Hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #288960

Hello, I am considering if I can use Hikashop for selling photography as downloadable products (photos in electronic form with different type of licences) and as physical products (prints with different size) and I have following questions:
a) Is it possible to show the products in a photo gallery way ?
b) Is it possible to allocate to one photo different type of “products” – for example one photo will be sold as licence type A – price A, licence type B – price B, print format C – price C, print format D – price D – it means if I push “add to the Cart” certain photo I should have possibility to choose relevant product based on selected photo
c) Is it possible to add predefined watermark on presented photos for selling ?
d) Are they thumbnails are created automatically or there is a need to import separately small size photo (for presentation in the shop) and full size photos (for download downloadable product) ?
e) Is it possible to tag / categorize photos for extended search (for example: by Category: Landscape, by Place: Rome, Italy, by format or by other Tags: Trip, Vacation, Navona Square, etc.) “
f) What kind of product search (on our case photo search) is possible – by categories by other tags ?
g) What type of sorting method is possible after search results are displayed – for example most popular author ? best sell ? fresh ? how photos can be sorted after search ?
h) Is it possible to manage photos by the author ? for example the author after login should have access to his photos and should have possibility to modify categories/tags or to delate photos
regards,
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 1 month ago #289026

Hi,

a. I'm not sure what you visualize by photo gallery. Are you talking about a listing of images ?
Like that ? demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...sting/display-in-div

b. Yes, you'll want to use characteristics/variants for that.

c. Yes, with the Business edition, you can configure a watermark image which will be applied to all the images when you upload them to your products (for the presentation).

d. They are created automatically. You'll want to upload an image for the presentation in the main product, and the full size images in the variants as "files" so that they will be available after the purchase.

e. Yes, you can create custom fields of the table "product" to select these in the products, and then filters on these custom fields to allow customers to filter the products based on these filters:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-filter-listing.html

f. by categories, by custom fields, by name, etc. It depends what you configure.

g. You can create a filter of the type "sort" to allow customers to sort how they want the products listings. It can be price, custom fields, alphabetical, etc.

h. That would require HikaMarket Multivendor which allow vendors to add / modify products themselves, etc:
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hikamarket-multi-vendor.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: GregC

6 years 1 month ago #289048

Hi, thank you for your response

a. example of visualization is as following: stock.adobe.com/pl/search?load_type=sear...ntent_id=&k=new+york

regards,
Greg

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 1 month ago #289049

Hi,

Well, that's just a listing of products. You could achieve the exact same with a HikaShop products listing and some customization of the CSS/view to look the same.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GregC

6 years 1 month ago #289078

Hi, ok, thank you for your help
regards,
Greg

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds