• Thank you received: 4
6 years 1 month ago #288999

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hallo.

I want to sort the products in my category listing like this.
first show
new created/last modyfied
and
then available

not available on the end of listing.
like here
Now i have the last modified enable so the newest product are the first on page.

Yes i have also not available on the site because i want them like reference/catalog. My articles are mostly unique pieces so that is why i want the to be displayed also when they already sold.

I already looked your advices on other post for sorting and i checked you refence for making an own plugin your reference but i'm not able to do it.

Any chance for me ? Thanks for you reply in advance

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Cattelan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 month ago #289022

Hello,

The solution can be to directly create and use a "Product" custom fields which will then be used to set an order between your products.

To properly apply that new ordering, the solution will be to use the "Ordering field" option through your product listing configuration page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cattelan

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 1 month ago #289068

Hallo. Thanks for your reply

i'm not sure if i understand what you mean. I created a custom product field (like screenshot).

and i setted up in the config to order by this field (see screen)

And now there come the BIG BLACK hole in my mind...

how can this order the two criterias which is created/modified and second product in stock

You mean i have to manually update this field? I have actually 600+ products on my page and daily growing. Can this be and option?

Thanks for you kind reply

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 1 month ago #289074

With a custom field, you can configure exactly how you want the products to be ordered. But yes, this require entering the ordering value in the custom field for each product.
It's possible to do it efficiently with a mass action or a CSV import, but it's still some work. If you don't plan on changing the order completely frequently, then it's probably the easiest.
If you have tens of thousands of products and you change the ordering every once in a while, then it will be a lot of work and it would probably be better to write a custom plugin (or have a developer do it for you) so that it's done automatically as much as possible.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds