Catregory List in Module like your Demo site

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 1 month ago #289138

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Edge 41.16299.15.0

I have tried everything and cannot get a Module to list my Categories like your Demo site. How can this be achieved? Many than

ks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 1 month ago #289140

Hi,

The "categories listing on 2 levels" module instance that is pre installed with HikaShop is configured like that.
Here is a screenshot of the settings from the module on our demo website in case you deleted the module instance and need to recreate it out of the "HikaShop content module" :
monosnap.com/file/lVZ7p6HBgBVSnNFJ2wbgIlsKDovWTD

6 years 1 month ago #289226

nicolas wrote: Hi,

The "categories listing on 2 levels" module instance that is pre installed with HikaShop is configured like that.
Here is a screenshot of the settings from the module on our demo website in case you deleted the module instance and need to recreate it out of the "HikaShop content module" :
monosnap.com/file/lVZ7p6HBgBVSnNFJ2wbgIlsKDovWTD

Thank you for the information. I do not remember deleting any module instance but I have recreated it as per your image. Unfortunately, it does not work as expected. The second category list does not show. When you click on the 1st Category the link goes to a blank page showing the other 1st level categories. Your demo module works like an accordion style which I cannot seem to re-create on my site. The only setting I could not do was Menu which mine is set to None as I do not have a Div/Div Menu as per your settings.

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 1 month ago #289234

Hello,

Can in order to find the missing element can you provide screenshot configuration, and maybe an Url link to process some tests.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Philip.

6 years 1 month ago #289301

Philip wrote: Hello,

Can in order to find the missing element can you provide screenshot configuration, and maybe an Url link to process some tests.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Email sent enclosing private URL. Screenshots attached.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 1 month ago #289309

Hello,

Can you try by switching to a default template like ProtoStar, because from what I see I really don't know what is missing...So maybe your templat block the processus...

To be more specific with the HikaShop default module that you can find it in Extensions => Modules :

Maybe you can unpublished your current module and use this last one to make another try.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Philip.

6 years 1 month ago #289612

Philip wrote: Hello,

Can you try by switching to a default template like ProtoStar, because from what I see I really don't know what is missing...So maybe your templat block the processus...

To be more specific with the HikaShop default module that you can find it in Extensions => Modules :

Maybe you can unpublished your current module and use this last one to make another try.
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Unfortunately, I do not have the default templates installed. I have installed another template but this has the same outcome as my own. Also, I do not have the Categories on 2 levels module.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 1 month ago #289615

Hi,

It's really strange. You ahve the links of the main categories in your module as if you had the "link on main category" setting activated in your module but your screenshot shows that it isn't activated.
So I'm not sure how that's possible. I've never seen such issue either.
Maybe you changed something in the settings of the module since then ?
Try setting that setting to "no" and try again. That may help.
Also, please select your "store" menu in the "menu" setting of the module.

The following user(s) said Thank You: srtdesigns

6 years 4 weeks ago #290032

nicolas wrote: Hi,

It's really strange. You ahve the links of the main categories in your module as if you had the "link on main category" setting activated in your module but your screenshot shows that it isn't activated.
So I'm not sure how that's possible. I've never seen such issue either.
Maybe you changed something in the settings of the module since then ?
Try setting that setting to "no" and try again. That may help.
Also, please select your "store" menu in the "menu" setting of the module.

As suggested even though the link to Main was set to Inherit and the No was highlighted I set it to No. Also, I placed my Store Menu in the Menu setting. The result is a success - many thanks for your assistance, very much appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds