Product list display issue since joomla 3.8.5 update

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 month ago #289587

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 59.0

Hi,
I've been working all the day to fix this issue but I can't find how to do...
So, first, a screenshot :
The first line is ok with 3 columns, but then, it turn into 2 columns in this products listing and I don't know why.
I'm using a custom frontend and I think it's because of it but can't find the problem.
When I use another frontend it works but the user cpanel looks weird with this one...
If someone could help me please, it would be great.
Thanks

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by corsbros.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 1 month ago #289602

Hi,

The URL you provided for the shop doesn't work.
Please switch to the default CSS and then provide a link to the listing so that we can look at the situation.

And please, don't duplicate your messages as it increases the load of support and thus we need more time to answer everyone, including you.

6 years 1 month ago #289618

Hi,

Here is the URL for the shop : *****
You can also check the same listing here (in cart) : *****

I never switched the CSS so it should be the good one. *****

If any link doesn't work, you can acces the shop by the top menu on corsbros.com
I'm sorry for the duplicata, thought it will be more simple here.

Cheers

• Thank you received: 610
6 years 1 month ago #289630

Hello,

Thanks for your link, first point I note that your Css class li aren't as expected.
For be more specific, HikaShop since 3 version use his own grid system to manage display, and for the frontend_default.css use specific class, as you can see it on this screenshot :

On your side we have this :

I think that you have an override on listing_list view, and that explain why your HikaShop use an old view version despite the update and so, don't have the grid-system class.

Can you via ftp, try to change your listing_list file name (for by example listing_list_2) in :
YourWebsite/templates/YourTemplate/html/com_hikashop/product/

That will "switch off" the override view, and you will see if that solve your issue.
Regards

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: corsbros

6 years 1 month ago #289678

Hi,

Thanks for your answer !!
Woow. I didn't know about theese changes... oops, seems the template is not updated anymore and as I changed it a lot...

I didn't find any listing_list.php file in /templates/mlabel/html/com_hikashop/product/ so I edited listing.php and now it displays better but not as I want (all categories in one table of 3 columns, without any category name...) if you could tell me how to improve it..

Very nice though !
Regards

6 years 1 month ago #289702

Hello,

I don't recommend to edit your listing.php, that can leads to edge effects.
To see which file you have to edit, what did you see in your file :
YourWebsite\templates\YourTemplate\html\com_hikashop\product ?

Try to rename the file as explain earlier, and I recommand to keep the listing.php view by default, remove change and keep it on your side if you want to keep your custom for apply it on your required view (listing_div, ..._list or else)

Later to apply custom I recommend this method shown in this tutorial .
Other tips, in Main HikaShop Configuration, in Advanced tab you will find an helpful option to know your view and which one you need to edit.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago #289731

Hi,

Ok, so I renamed listing2.php to listing.php.
In *****\html\com_hikashop\ I have no product file, how can I check it please ?

With your last tip I think I need to edit listing_div so then I tried to edit it as said in the tutorial but I can't find how to fix it...

I paste you the code of listing_div.php, maybe you will find it easier :
(I can put it on github if you need)

Thanks a lot for the help, hope we will find a fix soon !
Cheers

6 years 1 month ago #289732

Hi,

Philip made some small mistakes in his messages.
He meant "folder" not "file" for MyWebsite\templates\mlabel\html\com_hikashop\.
And not "listing_list" but "listing_div".

So to sum up:
Your problem is that the HTML of your listing is old. This means that your template has a view override for some of the view files in the FOLDER MyWebsite\templates\mlabel\html\com_hikashop\product\
The biggest probability is that in that folder, you have a file named listing_div.php
Try renaming it to something else in order to deactivate it and that should help for your listing display issue. Please make sure that your clear your browser AND website cache if any when testing.
If you still have the issue after that, then you might have other view overrides in for MyWebsite\templates\mlabel\html\com_hikashop\product\
You could try renaming them one by one to see which one is causing the issue. But I'm pretty confident that the problem is with MyWebsite\templates\mlabel\html\com_hikashop\product\listing_div.php

6 years 1 month ago #289763

Hello,

Thanks for your answer !

I tried to rename listing_div.php...
It solves the issue as the table takes now 100% on the page width but it displays in a list (with only one column...) so I turnet it back...

Why when I use the frontend_old (first post) it solves completely the issue ? Is there no way to copy/paste its working code to frontend_default ?

Thanks guys, hope to solve that soon because the website is now out since a week :( Keep up the good work.
Cheers

6 years 1 month ago #289778

Hello,

Nico was right, I wasn't precise enough... Anyway to answer to your last question, maybe it's better to understand what's going on without the override view maybe we have to check your Item Menu configuration, can you provide a complete page screenshot ?
Especially the view in Product options tab, and especially the item part :

Note : See this tutorial to better know the HikaShop Item Menu configuration.
You have to know that in our mind, with the listing_div and the default frontend css everything must work from Item Menu configuration.

Awaiting news from you.
Regards

6 years 1 month ago #289809

Hi,
You are right, I prefer understand too.

Here are screenshots as required, I want to notice that I didn't edit this tab since update and it worked before, if it can help.

Thanks for your answer and for the tutorial, I think all was configured right here but I'll check if there are any changes and it seems there are... Before to update all was working and I was able to set the page from the item menu configuration :(

Regards.

6 years 1 month ago #289816

Hi,

You need to rename the listing_div.php file.
Also, regarding the one column issue, this comes from something similar to that issue:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/88...r-update.html#260059
However, the CSS isn't in HikaShop this time but in your template CSS. So you'll have to search for it in the CSS of your template and remove it from there.
If you would allow us to see the issue on your website, we could analyze the CSS on the page and tell you more precisely what needs to be changed.

Note however that your template apparently has some system to dynamically generate its CSS. So I'm not sure how you can edit the CSS of your template.

Unfortunately, all these issues you keep facing with the display of HikaShop comes from your template which heavily customizes the display of HikaShop on the frontend. So normally, you should ask your template provider to update the template to match with the changes in HikaShop. The template customizations of HikaShop are based off of HikaShop 2.x which is now quite old.
Did you check with them if they had updates for the template ?

6 years 1 month ago #289876

Thanks for the help, issue solved !!!
The problem was in my hikashop config. In Display, frontend style was none...
Now it's default and I had some edits to do but the columns respond to the menu item config, everything is right.

I already got the last update for the template though but the provider's support isn't so good because marketing isn't development to make it simple. And when stuff isn't updated anymore you have to "do it by yourself" :)

I have some others improvements to do so maybe you will see me this week.

Keep it up guys,
Cheers.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds