How to Display a module on Parent Category only

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 month ago #289989

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3

Hi

I have a category "Running" with sub categories, "Running Shirts", "Shorts" etc. I have created a module that I want to display on the parent category only, (module of the video on the "Running" page). However it is showing on all the subcategories as well as the products page for those categories. Is there a way to show the module on just the Running page only and not any of the sub categories/products?

It is only this module where I want this to happen. I have other modules that I want to remain on all of the subcategories and products.

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
6 years 1 month ago #289992

Hi,

The pro version of Regular Labs' Advanced Module Manager can do this (and a whole lot more).

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas, pjwood52

6 years 1 month ago #289993

Hi

Thanks but I'm not interested in buying another extension for one seemingly simple feature, I'm interested to see if this is something that can be done in Hikashop/joomla.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 1 month ago #290007

Hi,

Even with the free edition of Advanced Modules Manager (AMM), you should be able to do it.
You won't be able to select directly a category in the options of the module, but you'll be able to filter the URL based on the alias of the category in the URL.

Without AMM, it will require some custom coding in the module to be able to do that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool, pjwood52

6 years 1 month ago #290148

Thanks both for pointing me to AMM. I was reluctant to use it but I have tried the free version and used the regular expression example from their support forums to get my desired result

https://www.regularlabs.com/forum/advancedmodulemanager/42390-disable-module-from-one-page-only

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds