Obtaining "Best Sellers" Module

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 weeks ago #290124

-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : latest
-- PHP version -- : latest
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All

Where can we obtain/download, or create, a module to display the "Best Sellers" in a module that sources its information from the "hikashop_order_product" table, "order_product_quantity" column.

Using a Content Module to display the information using "product_sales" as the option does not display the correct information.

Therefore, can anyone point me at the download location for a "Best Sellers" module, or tell us how to create the module that pulls the information from the correct listing of product sales.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 3 weeks ago #290127

Hi,

I would indeed recommend to use the HikaShop content module with the product_sales column for the ordering column.

The product_sales column does reflect the data in order_product_quantity.
The product_sales column is updated at the same time the product_quantity of the product is updated when the order is created or paid (based on how you configured HikaShop).
So you will get consistant results.

However, if you deleted orders (like test orders for example), then the product_sales was not updated back and that would thus produce results not correlated anymore. You would have to update the product_sales of the products involved manually in that case.
So maybe that's why you think that the data in product_sales is not correct.

I don't know of any alternative.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds