Intro Text Display on Categories and Sub Categories

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 week ago #291222

Hi, I'm trying unsuccessfully to display intro text on following pages
Any help will be most welcome.
Also, is there any way to remove or rewrite the url in order to remove "dropdown-hikashop-niv-1"
Thanks in advance.

dominicanamberfossils.com/en/store

dominicanamberfossils.com/en/store/dropdown-hikashop-niv-1

dominicanamberfossils.com/en/store/dropd...ens-per-philum-class

I already find the way to display text on categories but by default, text and pics display on top of hockshop boxes, how can I do to display pics under Hikashop boxes? (see link bellow)

dominicanamberfossils.com/en/store/gemstones

Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Pgva.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 1 week ago #291225

Hi,

Indeed the description and image of the current category can be displayed at the top of the page.
However, if you want to display something at the bottom, there is no option.
So you would have to use something like a custom HTML module that you would configure to display in a module position below the main content area, for your store menu item. The you could use something like advanced modules manager to restrict each custom HTML module to display for only some categories.

Regarding the URLs, it looks like the part you wish to change comes from the alias of your categories.
So you want to edit your categories via the menu Products>Categories and change the alias. You might also have to change the canonical URL if you've filled it.

6 years 1 week ago #291252

Hi Nicolas, thanks for the fast answer which I basically understand and still need to work on.

Another concern related in order to start rewriting url's

Same categories doesn't display identical when accessed through main menu or by module displayed on front page (links below)
By Main Menu
dominicanamberfossils.com/en/store/amber-fossils/behavior

By Module displayed on front page
dominicanamberfossils.com/en/store/category/55-behavior

Make changes on aspect is pretty straight forward for categories displayed through main menu but for those displayed through module so far it seems this changes are only reflected on the module displayed on front page itself.

A quick other question
I'm using the template it_trendyshop which ice theme mention
IT_Trendyshop does not support the latest release of Hikashop V.3.x.
Hikashop Version Supported up to 2.6.4

However, I can see this specific template still listed on your website, what are the potential isues related to it?

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 1 week ago #291254

Hi,

1. The fact that URLs will be different when coming from different sources is inherant to how the SEF URLs are constructed in Joomla.
To circumvent that, you can enter the URL you want to be always used in the "canonical URL" field of your category and set the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "Use canonical URL if specified". That way, it will always be that URL that will be used.

2. Regarding the template: This means that this template has custom overrides for the different view files of the frontend of HikaShop. These overrides were made based on the view files of HikaShop 2.x and the template provider didn't want to migrate the overrides to the new versions of HikaShop 3.x.
So if you try to use that template with HikaShop 3.x, you'll probably end up with many display issues and things not working on the frontend. To avoid that, you could potentially disable the overrides to use the default look of HikaShop but even then, it's possible that some code directly in the template might not work with the new ways HikaShop 3.x work.
So if you want to use HikaShop 3.x, it's best not to use that template.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pgva

6 years 1 week ago #291283

Hi Nicolas for your fast and clear answer. This is very helpful for beginners like me.

Are you able to recommend a template which creators are reactive this in order to avoid same to be obsolete in a short period of time?

Thanks in advance.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 week ago #291288

Hello,

Here is a list of template which should be compatible with last versions of Hikashop :
www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop.html

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds