[SOLVED} WEIRD! Price change not displayed

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
6 years 5 days ago #291493

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.divorcetoolbox.com/program-products
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome/FF/Edge/IE - all updated

I have 4 products on a client site. I changed 'all' of the retail and sale prices to $99. However, one two client products they are still showing as $129.00. On the two professional products, they do show as $99.00

Client link: https://www.divorcetoolbox.com/program-products

Professional link: https://divorcetoolbox.com/professional-programs

Here is the price field of one of the client products:

I have cleared the website cache and cleared my browser cache on all 4 browsers (Chrome,FF,Edge,IE) and it still shows the $129.00 price.

I am completely dumbfounded. Can someone help me get out of the corner with the dunce hat on. :(

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by LukeDouglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 5 days ago #291511

Hi,

Unfortunately, the links you provided don't work. So I couldn't have a look there.
IF your products have variants, please check the prices of the variants.
It could also come from taxes being added on the prices, or negative discounts increasing the prices.

6 years 5 days ago #291540

Nicholas,

My bad. I have disabled AdminTools so you should be able to access the URL's.

There are no variants. I have disabled the taxes but that didn't fix the issue. FYI, I sent your super user credentials as I re-enabled the user account.

Honestly, I've used your system for years and I have never seen this issue. That's why I'm really stumped. :)

6 years 4 days ago #291557

Hi,

You have a view override of product / listing_price.php
This override will load the price from akeeba subscriptions to display the price instead of using the price of the product.
If you remove the override, then the price displays normally (it's the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/producr/listing_price.php).
So it's not a HikaShop issue :)

6 years 4 days ago #291598

Nicolas,

Thanks. I'm fairly positive I have never edited this view so I'm not sure how the subscriptions got into it unless it was when I was editing the Akeeba Subscriptions, which incidentally, the client has decided not to offer at this time.

So I downloaded the most recent version of HikaShop Business, unzipped and copied the "front\views\product\tmpl\listing_price.php" to the "templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/product/listing-price.php". This fixed the displayed price as the product price.

Do you see any issues with me fixing it this way?

Last edit: 6 years 4 days ago by LukeDouglas.

6 years 3 days ago #291599

Hi,

You can actually delete the templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/product/listing_price.php file and the system will automatically use the default listing_price.php in components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/listing_price.php
That way, you'll have less probability on another issue poping out in the future.

6 years 3 days ago #291617

Nicolas,

Are you saying that this view file may be altered by changes we may make in Akeeba Subscriptions?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 1 day ago #291625

Hello,

I don't see any kind of suggestion in the Nicolas message.
So I don't understand how you've got these conclusions.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 10 months ago #293569

Nicolas,

OK, I have this same issue but on another product, Curriculum Guidebook and Video. I did rename the listing_price.php in the public_html/templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/product folder, based on an earlier recommendation. I have confirmed that there are no Akeeba Subscriptions in play here and that the hikashop_price table records match up properly to the products so the $149.00 should be showing on the checkout.

It displays fine on the product listing:
https://www.divorcetoolbox.com/curriculum-guidebook-video

But once you add it to the cart, the price changes to $99.00. Previously, we had a discount but I have deleted and removed all discounts so I don't see how this could be the issue.

When I put the error reporting to 'Development', I get this just above the product image:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgHikashopAddBcc_status_email has a deprecated constructor in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/plugins/hikashop/addBcc_status_email/addBcc_status_email.php on line 12

However, I don't see how this could be the issue.

FYI, previously, we had renamed the /home/XXXXXX/public_html/templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/product/listing_price.php so it wasn't being used.

When I click to add the product and go to the checkout page, I get this error message with the price reduced from $149 to $99:
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/checkout/listing_price.php on line 117

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/checkout/listing_price.php on line 208

So I renamed that file and tried again.

I get this error message with the correct price of $149 still being reduced to $99.
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/checkout/cart.php on line 744

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/checkout/cart.php on line 838

At this point with both the checkout/cart.php and checkout.listing_price.php files renamed in the templates/g5_hydrogen/html/com_hikashop/checkout folder, it does have the proper price on the checkout page.

So I'm curious why renaming the 'listing_price.php' and 'cart.php' files so it uses the default Hikashop files was different. So I compared the two files in both locations. It appears there were changes to link in the Akeeba Subscriptions to both files in the 'template' folder which were not in the 'component' folder. We use Akeeba Subscriptions to set a 60 day subscription to online content. Previously,I had worked with you on this need and I'm assuming these were changes that you made or recommended that I add to these files because it did work in adding a subscription time to a user.

I did further research and saw a post url=https://www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/893440-paypal-recurring-payment-with-akeeba-subscriptions.html#285782]https://www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/893440-paypal-recurring-payment-with-akeeba-subscriptions.html#285782[/url where there is an issue with using AkeebaSubs with PayPal recurring payments. However, this client uses Authorize.net so I assume the AkeebaSubs will work since we had tested and it did setup the 60 day limits.

So at this point, I am getting the proper checkout amount but, by renaming the 'template' listing_price.php and cart.php files but, in doing so, I have negated the AkeebaSubs integration which we will need.

This renaming was for diagnostic purposes so I am renaming them back to the original filenames in the 'templates' folder which means that I will still get the incorrect price on a product which is not linked into any AkeebaSubs at all since it is a straight sale.

Your Superuser account is still active if you can take a look to see what the heck is going on with the price change.

5 years 10 months ago #293677

Hello,

Your notices are related to your overrides in your template folder ; these are not related to HikaShop code but old overrides can generated unwanted side effects.
You should try with the Joomla default template so you will not have overrides.
Plus ; please understand that we can't analyse or understand the situation without proper details regarding your product configuration, taxes, discounts etc.

Afterwards, Nicolas wrote one month ago

This override will load the price from akeeba subscriptions to display the price instead of using the price of the product.
If you remove the override, then the price displays normally (it's the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/producr/listing_price.php).
So it's not a HikaShop issue :)

It gives me the impression that you still have some code loading prices from akeeba but, once the product is in the cart, the HikaShop price is displayed.
Which would mean that it's still the same element and it's not a HikaShop issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 10 months ago #293764

Jerome,

I set this up before HikaShop came out with their HikaSubscription product. The issue is involved with changes to the listing_price.php and cart.php files in both the 'checkout' and 'product' folders, to integrate with the Akeeba Subsriptions in the templates 'html' folder. If I remove those files, the pricing works fine but then we have no control over subscription period for the subscription products. What is happening is that for whatever reason, the price is being picked up from Akeeba Subscriptions even though there is no linkage that I can see in the setup for the Akeeba Subscriptions to the HikaShop coupons for this particular product which is a straight purchase. I'm assuming that somewhere in the code, if it doesn't find a 'matching' product record, it just defaults to one of the Akeeba Subscription levels. As the changes are extensive and I do not know either product well enough to follow the flow of changes, I would like to see about changing to the HikaSubscription product, thus keeping it 'all in the family' with HikaShop. :)

Basically, here is what we need to do:

A viewer purchases a specific product, with or without a coupon, and upon completion, the user is added to a group which gives them access to specific pages which has video sessions. Now this is permitted automatically now in the standard HikaShop product settings so there is no issue with group assignment. The issue is that we need to limit access to the product (video sessions) for a certain number of days (60 currently) and, once that period has passed, the user is removed from the user group.

Does your HikaSubscription product provide this capability?

5 years 10 months ago #293807

Hi,

The linkage is done by the custom code in these view overrides.
I don't know why.
That's not something we developed.
The integration we did for Akeeba subscriptions didn't need these.

I would indeed recommending switching to HikaSubscriptions instead of Akeeba Subscriptions. It hasn't been updated for years now.
HikaSubscriptions will allow you to handle what you're talking about. It's actually it's main purpose.

5 years 10 months ago #293808

Nicolas,

Thanks. I'll recommend this to my client as I think it would be better to be 'all-HikaShop' for support purposes only! It is the 'real' strength of HikaShop. I'm glad I standardized on it for all websites back almost six years ago. FYI, I have 499 emails still in archives for HikaShop! :woohoo:

5 years 10 months ago #293828

Nicolas,

OK, I purchased the HikaShop Subscription and installed it. After reading the documentation, I created two plans, one for each of the two products that a subscription period will be assigned. I edited each product to add the subscription plan with the 60 days set.

In addition, I have disabled 'all' Akeeba Subscriptions components/plug-ins as well as renamed the cart.php and listing_price.php files in both the html/com_hikashop/checkout and html/com_hikashop/product folders which fixed the issue with the separate non-subscription product that was not calculating the correct price. I will uninstall the AkeebaSubscriptions in a few days.

As far as I can see, that is all I have to do. Am I correct?

5 years 10 months ago #293840

Hello,

The add-on name is "HikaSerial Subscription" but you can also call it "HikaSubscription".

What kind of "plan relation" did you use for your products ?
If you do use "create & renew", HikaSubscription will ask HikaShop to use a recurring payment plugin (as "Paypal recurring" provided by HikaSubscription package).
If you do not want to use recurring payment ; best is to create a "create" plan relation and then create another product just for the renewal (and it allows you to propose a different price for the renewal, or to propose different renewal periods).

In the next HikaSubscription release, it would be possible to deactivate the recurring needs (and also to have "upgrade" products).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 10 months ago #293852

Nicolas,

Sorry for the name confusion, I'll try to remember HikaSerial Subscriptions. :)

I enabled the plugin: GroupSubscriber - HikaSerial Subscriber.

Here is how I setup the subscription plan for the Divorcing With Children (dwc) product. Once purchased, the user is able to access content for the products assigned user group for 60 days. Once the 60 days has expired, the user 'should' be automatically removed from the assigned user group.

Here is where I have added the plan to the Divorcing With Children (dwc) product: As you can see, once the product is purchased, the user is added to the 'Children Subs' user group. There is content that is only viewable to users in that group.

To be honest, this was so simple to setup, I have concerns that I set it up correctly! If it is correct, congrats on a very straight-forward process.

One question concerning the removal from the assigned user group after the subscription time has lapsed. Does this happen automatically? I didn't see anywhere that a daily 'cron' job had to run to check for expired subscriptions. A bit more feedback on how this is done would be useful.

5 years 10 months ago #293853

Hello,

By using HikaSubscription "group subscription", you should not use the "group after purchase" features.
It will give you more trouble than.. else.
Only the plan action is require and only that will work for adding/removing groups to the customer depending the subscription status.

Yes, HikaSubscription require the configuration of a cron task if you want email notification and automatic expiration.
There is still some "fallback" system when customer login but "cron" is much much better.

Regards,

PS : I'm Jerome, not Nicolas.

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 10 months ago #293894

Jerome,

I want to ensure I 'fully' understand what you are saying. By setting up the HikaSerial Subscription plan, that add-on will handle the assignment of the purchaser to the user group as well as removing the user from that group after the subscription period has expired (will require a cron job for removal). So I 'should' remove the assignment of the purchaser to a user group on the product via the Custom Field - User Group After area. Am I correct?

5 years 10 months ago #293897

Hello,

Yes, that's right.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 10 months ago #293976

Jerome,

Thanks for the clarification. I've removed the assignment of user groups on the products.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds