Products showing on a categories page

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 10 months ago #292612

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

I am developing a webshop with Hikashop, hosted on a local Xampp stack.

I created a product categories page, but at the bottom of the page it also lists all the products . How can I stop this?

I found an advice on the forum to set in tab "Product options", teh sub elements filter to "direct sub elements", but this does not change anything.

Hope someone can help.

Regards,

Hubert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 10 months ago #292628

Hi,

If you already have the sub elements filter setting set to direct sub elements in your menu item, then it simply means that your products are linked to the main category of the listing.
You don't need to do that, you should only link the products with their direct category(ies).
Because below the listing of the sub categories of the current category, there is also a listing of the products directly linked to the current category.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hmd

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 10 months ago #292667

Thnx,

I removed "Product category" as category of all products. In this way I do not have products any more on my category page.

But:

I also have a page which show all products: menutype "products listing", Main Category' "Product category", and now I see no products there anymore.I have changed Category into all kinds of subcategories or root, but no products.

So apparently removing "Product category" as a category of all products, destroys my product listing?

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 10 months ago #292682

Hi,

By default menu items are linked to the "product category" with the "main category" setting.
That way, the menu items can display the products of that category, or all the products of that category and its sub categories, or the sub categories of that category, etc based on how you configure the menu item other settings.
If you delete that category, then the menu items which were linked to that category will be linked to a category that doesn't exist and thus no products/categories will be displayed. You would have to select another category as main category of your menu item so that it could display the products or categories of that category.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds