creation of a duplicate of products pages hikashop in the Google index

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #292932

-- url of the page with the problem -- : stroytehnika.com.ua/silscogospodarska-te...john-deere-1470.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.35
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : There was a duplicate page with a different URL stroytehnika.com.ua/budivelna-technika/e...john-deere-1470.html

I ask to help with the decision of a problem.
When creating a site, I linked the categories of products from the site menu. In this case, each product created duplicates in all existing categories. As a result, the site is very difficult to break through in the Google Index
I am sure that there is a solution to this problem and it is relatively simple. I ask you to prompt, since 301 redirect here does not help)
I will be grateful for any help

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #292939

I try to solve the problem using JL No Doubles plug-in. If I decide this question - I will write about the decision.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 10 months ago #292952

Hi,

You just need to enter the main URL of your products in the "canonical URL" setting of each product. That will avoid the duplicate errors.

5 years 10 months ago #292968

done. each product has a canonical URL. In addition, the option is selected for the choice of the canonical URL. But the problem remains. I'll try the solution with 301 redirects in SHTaktsess, but the problem is complex and it is very hard for positions in organic search for articles and pictures (

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 10 months ago #292969

Hi,

How do you know that the problem remains ?
I checked your product page, and the canonical URL is correctly added to the meta data of the page:
monosnap.com/file/P00Yseda9xsktQ7IKmYXm2m9wkX0p8
So you should not have the problem anymore once google scans again that page.
The goal of the canonical URL is that regardless of the URL google uses to access the product page, your website tells it that the canonical URL is the URL you want to be referenced for that page. So the only way you know whether the problem remains is to check the meta data of the page, and then see if google still finds an issue with that page when it indexes it again.

Adding canonical URLs won't mean that you'll get the same URL regardless from where you access the page.
You can do that if you want by activating the "force canonical URL on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration, but that won't help for the "duplicate" error google shows you. It will just have the effect of have the same URL regardless from where you come for real users. It can potentially be interesting to do so, but it might also be interesting to not do so (for example, if you want to have a different breadcrumb on the page based on where the customer comes from).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ant0ni0

5 years 10 months ago #292987

Thank you very much. I realized my mistake, which I made at the very beginning when creating the site - did not display the canonical URL in each product)

You helped me a lot!

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds