"Abandoned cart" option in Acymailing plugin?

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 10 months ago #294034

Hello,
I know you say in other topics that there is no "abandoned cart reminder" for Hikashop, but I just installed the Acymailing Hikashop plugin and there is an option "abandoned cart" there that is not mentioned in the plugin documentation (on Acyba website)
example: {hikashop_abandonedcart:| type:title| nbdayscart:3}

I am confused on how to use this option: if I insert the tag it asks to set a time for "created but not yet paid", not sure if it refers to a cart or to an order though.

Besides, if I use this option so I still have to set a HikaShop Reminder filter to get it sent, but isn't that just checking orders and not carts?

I asked Acymailing developers as well, but they said to forward the question to you since it's you that developed that plugin.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 10 months ago #294044

Hi,

There is an abandoned cart feature with the integration we have with AcyMailing.
And the documentation is available on their website:
www.acyba.com/acymailing/388-automatic-r...s-with-hikashop.html
So I don't know where you read that it isn't the case, but I suppose that it was an old thread that wasn't updated.

And yes, this plugin is to remind customers who placed an order and didn't pay for it. It's not to remind customers who created a cart and didn't finish the checkout.
That's because in most of the cases, the issue happens during the payment and also because most of the times, the carts aren't link to an email address and thus you can't notify the customer at all.

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 10 months ago #294085

Thank you,
it was confusing because the tag in Hikashop actually say "abandoned cart"

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 6 months ago #298879

Hi,

Note for anyone looking at this thread in the future:
We've developped our own reminder plugin for HikaShop which is more flexible and does more things than the solution you can implement with AcyMailing which was quite limited :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/241-reminder-plugin.html

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds