Show a message if total cart amout is above XXX, possible?

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 9 months ago #294059

Hello,
I have a product that allows access to site contents for a year, but I also have single products that allow access to single site contents.

What I would like to do is show a message in the cart to customers who purchase products from a certain category if the total amount exceeds that of the yearly subscription, the message would suggest them to purchase the subscription instead.

I cannot find any option for this in Hikashop, but something similar could be maybe achieved using a coupon with advanced restrictions?
- coupon restricted to a category
- minimum order value xxx
- auto load in cart if possible

it's just that I do not want to load a coupon but a simple html message in the cart

do you think somethng like this could be achieved with an easy customization of the cart view file?
and if so can you suggest how to do it?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 9 months ago #294060

Hi,

How about using the limit system ?
With it you can configure maximum limits of what someone can put in his cart:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...limits-tutorial.html
If someone tries to go over the limit, the system will display an error message during the add to cart process. And of course, you can customize these messages with translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

5 years 9 months ago #294087

That'sa quick solution, thanks!
But even if I set a limit the customer will be able to finalize the purchase and ignore the message if he wants?
I do want to suggest an alternative to them but don't want to completely block them if they prefer to finalize their current purchase.

5 years 9 months ago #294096

Hi,

No. The limits are checked on every step.
Even if the customer creates a cart with products which are not restricted and that you add the limits later on, and then he comes back to finish the checkout, the checkout will automatically remove the product from the cart and display an error message. The customer will still be able to finish the checkout, but not what goes over the limits you set will be included.

5 years 9 months ago #294133

mmmhhh, then it's probably not the right solution for me. I do not want to limit the customer in such a way, just display a message ot suggest a different purchase option which could be cheaper.
Because even if the yearly subscription is cheaper, they may still prefer to purchase several products individually, because each one comes with a lifetime access to the content (not yearly).

5 years 9 months ago #294151

Hi,

If it's just informative and not blocking, then indeed, that won't fit what you need.
In that case, I guess you're left with custome coding to display the message yourself based on the current situation of the cart.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds