Individual Categories are not showing up in our Go Shopping Link for Hikashop

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 9 months ago #294540

-- url of the page with the problem -- : nimveda.com/products/hikashop-menu-for-c...ategory/massage-oils
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10

The categories for the items being sold on our website are not showing so up to nimveda.com/products/hikashop-menu-for-c...es-listing/category/ works but

nimveda.com/products/hikashop-menu-for-c...category/PRODUCTNAME (where PRODUCTNAME is our individual product/s) are not displaying.

Please help as this is the way most of our customers purchase.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #294543

have same problem ...

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 9 months ago #294545

Hello,

Are you really using HikaShop 3.4.1 ?

CF : www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-8-9-10-upgrade.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 9 months ago #294569

I had the same problem, and other issues, but upgrading to 3.4.1 after upgrading Joomla to 3.8.10 fixed all. Hikashop people have taken care of everything on time. Thanks for that btw :-)

5 years 9 months ago #294592

Yes, I am and it is not working.

I have checked the link you have provided me with for the fixes but the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/module.php" is not in my c-panel as it has not been updated. Can you please help me with how I would get this as I presume that this missing file is what is causing the problem.

I have installed Hikashop twice hoping that the issue would be fixed but it hasn't.

Thank you - please help otherwise I'm going to have to unpublish this feature which will be really bad as I am bound to get complaints! :dry: :S

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by mpsharma.

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 9 months ago #294614

Hi,

Then it's probably linked to the permissions of your folders.
Rename the folders administrator/components/com_hikashop/ and components/com_hikashop/ via FTP and then run the install of the HikaShop 3.4.1 install package and it will recreate these folders, sub folders and all the files automatically.

5 years 9 months ago #294647

Thank you for your help below.

I did what you suggested but unfortunately the module.php is still missing from both hikashop folders :(

Is there any way to fix this please?

I sincerely hope you can assist me otherwise I'm going to have to switch off the Go-Shopping facility which is going to frustrate our customers.

I sincerely hope you can assist me and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by mpsharma. Reason: Sorry don't know why this loaded twice!

5 years 9 months ago #294663

Hi,

I don't see ho the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/module.php could be missing after such installation.
And why only this one.
I also don't see why that would create the exact same problem than everyone else.
I do believe that you have the same problem than everyone else with the same cause:
www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-upgrade.html#294471
And thus the same solution will solve your issue, and it is not linked to that administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/module.php file.
Please make sure that you also don't have an override of the file "listing.php" of the view "category" via the menu Display>Views and if you do, delete the override.

5 years 9 months ago #294844

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for all your help up to date.

So I just did everything from scratch and have followed the steps as outlined by yourself.

Now however, when I click the Go Shopping Link, I am getting a 500 Internal Server Error on all Hikashop related pages.

May I request some information on how to fix this please?

Apologies for the potentially rookie issue!

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 9 months ago #294848

Hello,

Can you :
- Activate the Joomla debug mode ("Administration->Global configuration->System->Debug System/Language")
- Set the "error reporting" option of the Joomla configuration to "maximum"
- Test it again so that you can see if it display an error message which will help you to understand from what your issue is coming.

Thank you.

5 years 9 months ago #294926

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your step by step instructions - very valued!

So this is the error that seems to be appearing when I do not make the changes to the file "administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/module.php as reported here - www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-upgrade.html#294471 :

**Parsing errors in language files**
JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_hikashop.ini : error(s) in line(s) 3312, 3313
JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_as002036.ini : error(s) in line(s) 85, 88, 91, 94, 97

In the above case only the Go Shopping Link does not work, however when I make the changes as outlined on www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/89...-upgrade.html#294471 , these are the errors that appear:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'else' (T_ELSE) in /home2/nimveda/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/module.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home2/nimveda/public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php(36): hikashop_get('/home2/nimveda/...') #1 /home2/nimveda/public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/category/view.html.php(25): CategoryViewCategory->listing() #2 /home2/nimveda/public_html/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php(672): CategoryViewCategory->display() #3 /home2/nimveda/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php(1775): Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display(false, false) #4 /home2/nimveda/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php(1544): hikashopController->display() #5 /home2/nimveda/public_html/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php(710): hikashopController->listing() #6 /home2/nimveda/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php(1753): Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute('listing') #7 /home2/nimveda/public_html/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php(88): hikashopController->execute('listing') #8 /home2/nimveda/public_html/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(382): require_once('/home2/nimveda/...') #9 /home2/nimveda/public_html/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(357): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent('/home2/nimveda/...') #10 /home2/nimveda/public_html/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(194): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_hikashop') #11 /home2/nimveda/public_html/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(233): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch() #12 /home2/nimveda/public_html/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(195): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute() #13 /home2/nimveda/public_html/index.php(49): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() #14 {main}

Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/module.php:31
2 JError::raise() JROOT/libraries/legacy/error/error.php:277
3 JError::raiseError() JROOT/plugins/system/koowa/koowa.php:149
4 plgSystemKoowa->exceptionHandler()

I hope I have reported the right thing, if I haven't - apologies in advance.

Perhaps, I should just wait for another Hikashop update?

Thank you!

5 years 9 months ago #294928

Hi,

You should not make the changes listed on that other thread.
The error indicates that the changes haven't been done properly.
But in any case, with the latest install package available on our website, you don't need to do these patchs.
Just make sure that you have the latest version of HikaShop installed on your website and it will work, without the error in the module.php file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mpsharma

5 years 9 months ago #295178

Hi,

Thank you very much for your message.

Unfortunately, this is still not working. I re-downloaded the new version and re-installed it but the error is the same.

I'll wait for the next update which will hopefully fix the problem for me.

Thanks again for all your help nevertheless.

5 years 9 months ago #295181

Hi,

No there is nothing else to fix in HikaShop as far as I could see.
If you still don't get the products on your listings even with the latest version of HikaShop, then it means that the issue comes from view overrides in your template, as explained on the other thread mentioned up above.
So please rename the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category/listing.php in order to deactivate it and it should help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mpsharma

5 years 9 months ago #295510

Thank you!

This fixed it perfectly - by renaming the file to listing_copy.php, it worked.

For others who are experiencing this problem, please try this.

Thank you so much for your patience and wonderfully detailed processes to resolve this issue for me, I really do appreciate it.

So grateful - thank you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds