Product listing in the wrong category

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #295077

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Hello

By checking the 404 errors on google webmaster tool, I realized that the erroneous URLs were referenced on the domain.com.br/empresas/1/xxxxxxxxx.html?limitstart=36 url.
the problem is that in category "empresas" there are not the products listed.
If I put in the browser domain.com.br/empresas , I see the products of this category displayed correctly.
I do not understand that products of another category are displayed the url domain.com.br/empresas/1/xxxxxxxxx.html?limitstart=36url

Can you help me to understand?

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Jerome. Reason: make url private

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 9 months ago #295081

Hi,

HikaShop can display a product page even if the category in the URL is another one. That's not a problem. It can sometimes happens when modules are not configured properly.
But in any case, to get a good SEO and to also avoid having other URLs indexed for a product page, you can enter the main URL that you want to be indexed in the "canonical URL" parameter of the products.
That way, other URLs will be discarded by search engines.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #295161

We have the canonical url correctly configured and it work fine, but the problem remains because Hikashop show products in a bad categories and menus.

Our infrasestructrure is:

1 Joomla installation with 7 languages ​​and each language is related to 1 domain.

Hikashop setting:

Root category = root menu
category EN = menu Shop-en (domain.uk)
category EN = menu Shop-en (domain.us)
category FR = menu Shop-fr (domain.fr)
category FR = menu Shop-fr (domain.ca)

Url for product in category EN
domain.uk/menu-shop-en/categor-en/product
domain.us/menu-shop-en/categor-en/product

Canonicals
Canonical url uk: /menu-shop-en/categor-en/product
Canonical url us: /menu-shop-en/categor-en/product

The issue:

The product (product-en) is present in the url: domain.fr/menu-shop-fr/categor-fr/
The error is because there is no such product in the category FR.

For the product (product-en) in a URL domain.fr/menu-shop-fr/categor-fr/
When make click on the product link we get a canonical url: domain.fr/menu-shop-en/categor-en/product and get 404 error, since theres is no this product in the category FR.

We have a lot error 404 because of this detail.

Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by paulo25ci.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 9 months ago #295187

Hi,

I don't see how HikaShop could display a product in a listing of a category if you don't add that product to that category.
If you don't add the product to the category FR, then the product won't be listed in the menu-shop-fr.

So there must be something some details I'm missing with how you setting your product/categories/menu items.
Could you provide a concrete example with screenshots of the settings of the product and menu items in order to better understand the structure you have ? Could you also provide a link to the listings involved ?

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds