Content module - Multiple categories or categorie + related in one carroussel

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 9 months ago #295422

-- url of the page with the problem -- : staging.koffiematters.nl/koffiemachines/...product/lirika-black
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.36
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Every browser

Is there a way to show multiple categories in the content module?
I'd like to show related products and products from a certain category.

For example:
We sell coffeemachines, so if you open a coffemachine product, I want to show related coffemachines AND coffeemachine accessoires (ie. Coffeebeans, cleaning tools / products, parts etc.)

In that case, I'd use the "Accessoires" as categorie input and the related Coffeemachines as related products.

I hope anyone has an answer for me :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 9 months ago #295425

Hi,

What I would recommend is to have the accessories as "related products" of your coffe machine product.
Then, they would already automatically display as related products on the product page.
Then, I would create a new "HikaShop content module" via the Joomla modules manager, configured similarily to the "related products" module, with the only difference being the "relation" setting set to "products in the same category" instead of "related products".
Then, I would enable that new module in the "modules under the product page" setting of the HikaShop configuration.

Since other coffee machines would already be in the same category, they would be automatically listed by that new module.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds