Menu Links not opening categories on mobile devices

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 8 months ago #295592

-- url of the page with the problem -- : shop.justducks.co.uk
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All

Until recently, mobile version of site was working perfectly.

However, the mobile menu now fails to open any category to display sub-categories and/or products.

Any advise/suggestion/techinical support as to what is now causing this menu function to fail.

Thank you in advance for any contributions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 8 months ago #295595

Hi,

It looks like you're using maxi menu CK for your menu. I would recommend to check with them as we don't know how maxi menu CK handles the mobile version of their menu module.

5 years 8 months ago #295636

We believe the issue is likely related with another post we have here.

Database Check Issue

5 years 6 months ago #297322

This issue is continuing.
However, the display is working on the iPad and Android phones properly.
It DOES NOT work on the iPhones.
The url is: https://shop.justducks.co.uk
We are not seeing any viable reason why the responsive template will display category listings on two types of devices and NOT the iphone.
Please advise and offer suggestions as to a resolution.

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 6 months ago #297334

Hello,

Can you precise with screenshot and if required url link because right now when I go to your website I'm unable to see opening sub-menu or sub categories (on computer screen) and so I can't process tests.

Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Philip.

5 years 6 months ago #297355

Currently, the site IS viewable on the desktop and mobile devices, however, one category shows a full blank screen:

CATEGORY IS: Collectibles > BUD

Also, with regard to the database checking error, which you are aware of, what is the "fix" to the errors that are being displayed, which might be causing all of these display issues.

5 years 6 months ago #297373

What causes a product Category, that was working just fine, to suddenly just cease to display?
There is some sort of inherent instability in hikashop, and we presume unless a solution to the database issue is provided, this instability will continue.

5 years 6 months ago #297369

Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you described before on iphone. It displayed fine as far as I could see, and even if there was a problem with the menu not working correctly, that menu isn't generated by HikaShop so I wouldn't be able to say what to do.

The 500 error on that BUD page can come from anything. We'll need the error message corresponding to that.
Please check the PHP error log of your server for the "fatal error" message corresponding to that 500 generic error.
If you don't know how to access your PHP error log, you might have to contact your hosting support as it can vary widely based on how the server is setup.

Regarding the database check error, please follow the instructions I gave on the thread ( www.hikashop.com/support/forum/install-u...e-errors.html#295635 ), and come back with the information we need. Thanks to that we'll be able to tell you what to do.
While that database error might be linked to the 500 error on the BUD category, it's more likely that it is unrelated.
And regarding the display of the pages on certain phones, it has nothing to do with it.

5 years 6 months ago #297414

Can you send us a screen shot of the Collectibles/BUD screen that you are viewing.
Everyone we have asked to check it results in a blank page.
What makes this ultimately perplexing is that this happened for no specific reason. Nothing modified, nothing added, no changes - then the page simply stops displaying.
What is the minimum PHP memory settings required for HS to run on an Apache server?

5 years 6 months ago #297419

Hi,

I do also get a blank page with an error 500 HTTP response status on that page. My second paragraph was about this problem:

The 500 error on that BUD page can come from anything. We'll need the error message corresponding to that.
Please check the PHP error log of your server for the "fatal error" message corresponding to that 500 generic error.
If you don't know how to access your PHP error log, you might have to contact your hosting support as it can vary widely based on how the server is setup.

So please provide the fatal error message you can find in your PHP error log and we should be able to tell you what is the problem and what to do.
There is no minimum PHP memory required. However, the more elements you have to display on a page, and the more extensions you have installed on a website and the more it will require resources, including memory.

5 years 6 months ago #297459

Unexpected resolution to the display program.
BUD is an upper level category that has a good number of sub-categories, with some 540+ products.
Noting that no other category has so many sub-categories, we looked at the server and dramatically increased all settings relative to PHP file sizes, memory allocation, loading times, etc.
After a WHM Server restart, the BUD category displayed properly.
So, anyone reading this should make a note that if a similar issue arises, consider looking at the memory, etc. PHP settings on the server.
FYI. Our server is Centos OS with WHM, cPanel, apache at GoDaddy.
Thanks for looking into the issue with us.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds