Display HTML Code in product description?

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297706

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

I cannot seem to find the answer to this via search, so if anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

I've created a T-Shirts to sell, but will be using an outside source as stocking these items for my customers, in various sizes just will not work for me, so I am going to use a 3rd Party.

They provide HTML code to link back to their listings, which will work as an Article listing or K2 item through a Menu link...but is there a way to get this to display in a HikaShop product listing? If I have to do a Menu link, I will...but I would MUCH rather have it as a product listing in the store.

I've tried various ways to display it in the product description box, but it just isn't working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 7 months ago #297731

Hi,

If in the HTML code they give you there is a link, then you can create a product and enter the URL of that link in the "canonical URL" option of the product. If you have the "force canonial URLs on listings" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration, that canonical URL will be used on the listing for the link to the product page, and thus the customer will be redirected seamlessly to the page of that other extension where you have the product.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297933

Nicolas...sorry, somehow I missed the notification on this one and am just now seeing it.

Is there any other way to do that? I would hate to turn on canonial URLs as I've had issues previously and worry about running into them again. Is there a way to only force this specific set of items to use canonial URLs?

Or maybe a category listing that redirects to another page on my site? Then I could use an article to show the products with HTML coding which would then send the buyer to the 3rd party site?

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 7 months ago #297940

Hello,

Or maybe a category listing that redirects to another page on my site? Then I could use an article to show the products with HTML coding which would then send the buyer to the 3rd party site?

If you really don't want to use canonical URLs, then yes it can be a good and simple solution which will only require HTML / CSS skills.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #297967

LOL simple for you...yes, me...not so much. Thanks Mohamed! I appreciate the thought!

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Jerome. Reason: please do not quote full previous message

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds