Another Custom Fields Not Showing In Item/Product View issue

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #299024

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.8.12 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.19
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'm really stumped on this one. I've used these fields to great effect on another website, but now on a new site I can't get these fields to show up to save my life.

I created the fields in the Item category and published them, set categories and published them.

Then I made sure to turn on show custom items in the Display options.

I've attached screenshots here. I'm using a template from Joomlashack .Do I need an override to show these here?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 6 months ago #299035

Hi,

It's a shame you didn't provide a screenshot of the settings of the product.
I can only suppose that the product for which you provided a link isn't in either categories you specified in the custom field.
I suppose that it might be in a sub category of these categories, but you didn't activate the "include sub categories" setting of the custom field and thus the custom field is skipped.
Besides that, it could potentially be a template issue as you hinted at. To check on that, simply switch temporarily to the default template of Joomla and look at that same page. If the field is displaying with the default template and not your template, it's indeed a view override issue in your template. Otherwise, it's caused by something else.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #299079

It was catalogue mode. I never had reason to use it before, but this client insisted they wanted a strictly informational site, so I turned it on.

Then they turned around and said they wanted to sell directly from the site, so I deactivated catalogue mode. At this point the fields turned up, so it's all straight now.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds