Product variations

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #300814

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.0

Hi,

I am trying to read your documentation however it seems to be archaic using older versions of Joomla and Hikashop, as well, in my opinion they are poorly written so maybe you can shed some light on this.

I am trying to add discounts.. so if you order a 2 pack of a products you save 14% order a 4 pack 20% and an 8 pack save 25% with a drop down menu like your demo: Demo Herehttp://demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/product-page/with-options

I would also like to add a text field for ordering as in in this Demo Here .

When I am reading the documentation I feel like this is just a filter and not a product add on? Can you shed some light on this?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...listing.html#options

Also can you please update your documentation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 4 months ago #300832

Hello,

First we are aware that our documentation isn't up to date and need to be improve, and that's why we complete with this forum that can be used by everyone where we try to help you, even people who aren't our customers.
Improve the documentation is anyway on our todo list.

Note : The website backend can be consult in order to help you to reproduce his configuration with theses access, username : demo and password : demo

"I am trying to add discounts.. so if you order a 2 pack of a products you save 14% order a 4 pack 20% and an 8 pack save 25% with a drop down menu like your demo: Demo Herehttp://demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/product-page/with-options"

The url example on our demo website show a product with options (created from other products) that automatically add the product price to the main product.
=> I may suggest you to use Coupon restricted by product quantity
- 1 => 100%
- 2 => 75% -25% coupon restricted to 2 added product)
- etc

"I would also like to add a text field for ordering as in in this Demo Here .

When I am reading the documentation I feel like this is just a filter and not a product add on? Can you shed some light on this?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...listing.html#options
"

This is Custom field, more precisely Item Custom field, that you can see in the Demo website backend, in Components => HikaShop => Configuration, in Display dropdown go to Custom field, you will see the text field.

Hope this will help you to move forward
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Philip.

5 years 4 months ago #300997

If i have 2 of a unit then 8 of a unit, is the discount compounded

like buy 2 get 25% and buy 8 i add 25% off will that compound to 50%?
I am coming from opencart which allowed me product variations so I can just add +dollar amount.

Eg: I have a single unit that costs $50, and there's a drop down menu item that says buy a 2 pack, add +45 etc
Single unit : 50
2 pack +45
4 pack +80 etc

And then I am curious how the other product demo has input forms. I'd like to be able to add something so users can input custom information.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 4 months ago #301000

Hi,

What you want to use in that case is a characteristic from what I understand :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...with-characteristics
In that case, each choice of the dropdown will be its own "sub product", that we call a "variant" of the product and that you can configure however you like.
So if you want you can have one choice which costs $50, one which costs $95, and one which costs $130.
Then, the customer can order any amount of each choice.
They will be considered as different products in the cart so regardless of whether you have one variant at 95 et one at 130 in the cart or only one at 130, the variant at 130 will always cost 130.

And regarding input fields, you can add them by creating custom fields of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields (Essential and Business editions only):
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html

5 years 4 months ago #301025

Which is great but this doesn't tell how to set it up like the example. I am so confused by the documentation.

• Thank you received: 13064
5 years 4 months ago #301036

Hi,

Well, my purpose with my previous message was more to check with you that is was the way you wanted to go.

To use characteristics, you can read the documentation here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
Basically, you create characteristic via the menu Products>Characteristics with the different choices you want in the dropdown (single unit, 2 pack, 8 pack, etc) as values of the characteristics. Then, in your product you select that characteristic in the characteristics area, and then under the "variants" tab that will appear after you do that, you can add the variants of the product you want to use out of the values of the characteristic and then edit each variant to enter its price, etc.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds