How to show title and short description in category product list view?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #301071

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.1

When I am using the menu item Category Product list, I can set different options.
But I don't see the option to show the product title and the short description of the product.
So I think I have to edit a file in Display - Views with the selection of my template and Products.
But I don;t know which file I have to edit and what code I have to add somewhere in that file.

I hope someone can help me give me the info so I can create it at my site.

Best regards,
Wouter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 4 months ago #301081

Hi,

In the settings of your menu item, under the "products options" tab, if you set the item layout to "title and description", it will display the title and the description. If you don't have that setting, it probably means that you've selected the "list" or "table" layouts instead of the "div" layout at the top of the tab as only the div layout allows for different item layouts to be chosen from.

Alternatively, if you want to modify a view file and you don't know which one is being used, the best is to activate the "display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration. Then, look at the page where you want to do your change and you'll see each view file being marked so that you can easily identify which view file to edit via the menu Display>Views.

5 years 4 months ago #301108

Hi,
I think I have choosen the correct settings, but there is no option for Title and description.

For the menu item I select Product List.
And at the Product Options tab I set it as you can see in here:.

Is that the same as you wrote about?

Best regards,
Wouter
Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #301112

OK never mind.
I figured it out by changing the grid (Columns) to 1 x 12 in stead of 2x12.

Best regards,
Wouter

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds