SOLVED!! TAX problems... Tax being charged with all states... NOT just ONE?

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #301658

This issue has been solved... Thanks Nicolas!

SEE BELOW FOR TAX Problem>>>

Issue: When trying to configure a module we noticed that the "Main Category" selection dropdown doesn't show the categories. We believe it may have something to do with the migration of the categories. We looked at the database of categories and noticed that they were all on the same level as the root. (See Attached "A") We then edited a few categories "categories_parent_id" and they now show properly under the "product category" level. (see attached "B")

BUT, the selector dropdown still doesn't show the categories??? (See Attached "C") and thus we can't select anything and the module don't show?

If needed we can setup admin access for a better look???

Thanks in advance for the great Hikashop help.... I'm sure this is an easy fix, hopefully!

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by shockoe. Reason: Solved!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 3 months ago #301673

Hi,

Once you set the category_parent_id with the correct value so that the category tree is like you want, and you make sure that the "category_type" of your product categories is "product", you can click on the "rebuild" button of the categories listing in the backend.
That will automatically fix the the category_level, category_left and category_right values which are used to load categories in an efficient manner and need to be synched with the category tree structure:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nested_set_model

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #301698

We've setup the tax rate at "GA 8% Tax" (see attached "A")

We've assigned it to zone "Georgia" (see attached "B")

But, it's still charging tax on ALL shipping addresses??? (see attached "C")

This again may be a result of the migration process. I can give you access to the admin and SQL if needed.

Thanks in advance for the great help.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by shockoe.

5 years 3 months ago #301700

Hi,

This looks like an issue with how you're testing. You've only changed the shipping address, not the billing address.
So I suppose that in the "Type of address used for tax" setting of the HikaShop configuration, you have "billing" selected.
Otherwise, that would mean that you have the USA country as sub zone of the georgia zone via the menu System>Zones menu.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #301726

Hi Nicolas,

So so nice of you to help me here. I fear that something has gone wrong during the migration to cause the standard tax setup to not work properly. I have another site working great and I've tried everything to match it setting for setting... with no JOY?

I have the main setting for taxes set to "Shipping."

The only issue I've noticed is that some of the categories IDs are different. Would this be an issue?

I'm also attaching captures of the tax setup in the non-working 72.249.30.40/~crrfwmjh .

If I can provide access to the development site... I'll be glad???

Attachments:

5 years 3 months ago #301734

Hi,

Different category IDs could be a cause if your problem was that no tax was being applied (in which case, it would mean a miss match between the tax category of the products and of the tax rules). But in your case, it's the opposite, so it can't be it.
I guess we'll have to directly look into the issue.

Please provide a backend access and precise instructions to reproduce the problem along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can look closer into the problem:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #301792

Nicolas replied:

There was apparently a problem with your shipping method. I deleted it and recreated it and it seems to work fine now. I guess it was something linked to the "Override tax zone" setting of the shipping method.

Shockoe replied:
Thank You... so much. I could for the life of me figure it out. Great HikaHelp!!! Again!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds