custom field - multiselect field predefined and new values?

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 3 months ago #302017

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

can i only use predefined values for a multiselect field?
especially it is about a field in my shop for clothing where i also have to add values to products what are not predefined, is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
5 years 3 months ago #302018

Hi,

You need first to add the values you want to use in the custom field settings. There is no option to add new values from the form where the field is being used.

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 3 months ago #302026

ok i understand. but it is not the perfect solution when it comes to a multiuser ecommerce shop.
think about the nativ joomla TAG system. on a new joomla article you can add existing tags with autocomplete search and add new one when they are not in the system.

i'm think about your multi-vendor extension (what i plan to add in february), how should you know which properties the vendors need for certain custom fields for there products? there for i really think you should give the vendors the option to extend the system with there inputs on fields too.
because it is a huge work to setup as admin all field input what the vendors need per hand ... that could be done better.

for that i want to request to think ahead the "Multiple Dropdown" custom field as it is right now.

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by n00bster.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 3 months ago #302053

Hello,

Since the creation of a product custom field or an item custom field result to the alteration of the database ; we cannot authorize a vendor to create them.

But in HikaShop, it is possible to have item custom field with dynamic values.
You can create one dropdown item field (like "dynamic_field") and one text product field with the suffix "_values" (so "dynamic_field_values").
But letting the item field values empty, HikaShop will use what is stored in the product custom field for the display of the item field.
The data in the product field need to be formatted as the dropdown data is stored into your database : the value, "::" and the text. And you will have one entry per line.

That feature is a bit technical but is currently used in a few websites.
Afterwards, it is still possible to use a plugin to create a new kind of type so the vendor would have a nice interface to configure the dropdown values instead than a raw text box with specific format.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds