• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #303860

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 65.0.1

HI

What I wont to do is put a button a the product page so that I can send for a sample of my product.....

So what I need is the way to add a button to the product page so that a customer can order a sample of the product that they are looking at... in my cart...

also, I need to get rid of the product that shows up on the bottom of the catalog page at the bottom.

Thanks
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 1 month ago #303877

Hi,

How about using the "contact us for more information" button as a "request sample" button ?
You could activate it with the "Display a contact button on the product page" setting of the HikaShop configuration and then use a translation override in order to change the text of the button:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304002

HI Nicolas

What I want is for the button to say sample and when it comes to me its got the product info in it.... :)

Thanks
John

5 years 1 month ago #304009

Hi,

Using a translation override you can change the text of the button to say "sample" that's not a problem.
And the product name along with a link to it will be provided in the email notification you will receive.
So it should meet the needs you stated.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304027

HI Nicolas

How do I do that like how do I add a contact button to the page and then change it.....

Thanks
John

5 years 1 month ago #304029

Hi,

I already told you in my first message here:

You could activate it with the "Display a contact button on the product page" setting of the HikaShop configuration and then use a translation override in order to change the text of the button:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Were you not able to find that "Display a contact button on the product page" setting in the HikaShop configuration ?
And to change it, please read the explanations of the link I gave on how to create translation overrides.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304065

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the help on the above button request.... what I would like to now know is how do I change the information requested what i would like for it to say is :)

Name:
Address:
Phone Number:
Email:

Thanks
John

5 years 1 month ago #304108

Hi,

There are already "name", "email", and "additional information" on the contact form.
You could rename the "additional information" area to "address" with a translation override.
And if you want to add more fields to that form, it's easy. Go in the menu Display>Custom fields, and create new custom fields of the table "contact" and the type you want.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds