8 years 3 weeks ago #232194

-- url of the page with the problem -- : travelsat.com.au
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 41.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no message

Hello,
For some reason, on most transactions, the item description is missing from the PayPal receipt. The only order where is has actually displayed the product name in the description section is order number 50. In every other order there has been no information in the description section where the product name should be displayed. I have attached a copy of the receipt for order 50 and 1 another order where description is missing.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
8 years 3 weeks ago #232221

Hi,

HikaShop sends the product name the same way for all the products. So there must be some kind of difference between both products.
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of each of the products in your example ?

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 3 weeks ago #232271

Have a look, here is screenshots
PayPal showed description for ClearSat but didn't show description for the other product in another order listed in previous post.

Attachments:

8 years 3 weeks ago #232275

Hi,

I don't see anything particular in the products.
So I've checked your website. And I can see that you're actually using both PayPal and PayPal Express Checkout.
However, only the PayPal payment plugin as a check on the length of the product name and only sends the first 127 characters of the product name.
The PayPal Express Checkout plugin doesn't have such check, but I can see in the PayPal Express Checkout documentation that they have the same restriction on the length of the product name.
So I'm thinking that the payment without the product name was made with PayPal Express Checkout and as the name exceeded the length PayPal accepts, they rejected the whole name.

Try to change the line:
'L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME'.$i => strip_tags($p->product_name),
to:
'L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME'.$i => substr(strip_tags($p->product_name), 0, 127),
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalexpress/paypalexpress.php and that should help if it comes form that.

8 years 2 weeks ago #232532

Thank you for the help, I've changed the code. I will report if this helped or not - just waiting for new orders.

8 years 2 weeks ago #232574

Unfortunately I recieved today new notification from PayPal with empty description section (user paid via PayPal Express).
Screenshot of the file I've modified is attached.

Attachments:

8 years 2 weeks ago #232584

Can you try with:
'L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME'.$i => substr(strip_tags($p->product_name), 0, 126),
Maybe the 0 character makes it go over the limit.
Also, could you try with a short product name ? Do you have the problem ?
Is it only with PayPal Express, not PayPal normal ?

8 years 2 weeks ago #232838

Changed. After that I recieved 1 more order from PayPal Express. In the description it says “Purchase from Sellmore Real Estate P/L as TravelSat Australia”

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by mypetfly.

8 years 2 weeks ago #232848

Hi,

Wouldn't that mean that the "send order details" setting of the payment method has been turned off ?

8 years 2 weeks ago #232899

I've checked plugin settings - it is set to Yes.

8 years 2 weeks ago #233077

PayPal standard is working correct, PayPal express doesn't show correct description - I see it because I've received several orders and now it is more clear than earlier.

Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by mypetfly.

8 years 1 week ago #233114

Hi,

Well, the only reason HikaShop wouldn't send the product name to PayPal with PayPal Express would be that the "send order details" option of the payment method is turned off.
Also, you should normally only have one instance of that payment plugin.
If you have several ones, make sure that they all have the "send order details" option activated.
I don't see anything else on HikaShop's end.

8 years 1 week ago #233169

I have the only 1 paypal express plugin and option "set order details" is enabled. See attachments.

Attachments:

8 years 1 week ago #233173

Hi,

And do you see the item name when you are redirected to PayPal ? Or is the problem only in the payment receipt of PayPal ?
What if you have several items in the cart ? What do you get ?

8 years 1 week ago #233402

Yes, I see item names after I redirected to paypal and the problem is in receipt of PayPal.
When I have several items in the cart I still see them in PayPal when paying but I see empty description in PayPal receipt (after I've modified code as you suggested I see "Purchase from Sellmore Real Estate P/L as TravelSat Australia" instead of empty description)

Attachments:

8 years 1 week ago #233410

Hi,

Then I don't see what we can do. It seems that it's the way PayPal handles the receipt on their end with PayPal Express. HikaShop properly passes all the information of the products. It's up to PayPal to use it or not in the receipt they generate.
I would recommend you to contact the support of PayPal. Maybe they could do something about it if they know about the problem.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 11 months ago #235657

Hi Nicolas,
I have been doing some testing because I have found the same issue.

Actually the problem is that the plugin passes the names during the SetExpressCheckout call, so they are correctly displayed on paypal page, but it doesn't pass them during the DoExpressCheckout call, so they are not included in the email.

I have done a simple test adding to the array on line 361 of paypalexpress.php a var
'L_PAYMENTREQUEST_0_NAME0' => 'test description',

and I have received the string test description correctly.

Could you please verify and if it's true provide a code to how to pass the description for all the items?

7 years 11 months ago #236467

See what PayPal support says:

I acknowledged that there is no item description in your receipt if your customers pay you via Express Checkout. But it is normal if they pay you via PayPal Standard.

By checking this transaction #05D27179N41925103 in your attached receipt, I found that the item description should be "TravelSat-V2 Portable VAST Satellite TV Kit (DELUXE)", right?

Because by checking your API request information of SetExpressCheckout API and GetExpressCheckoutDetails API, I found that you passed the parameter "paymentrequest_0_name" as "TravelSat-V2 Portable VAST Satellite TV Kit (DELUXE)". However, there is no such information in the last DoExpressCheckoutPayment API.

So, you are advised to contact Hikashop to ask if you or they can pass this parameter "paymentrequest_0_name" in DoExpressCheckoutPayment API so that the item description (item name) can be displayed in your receipt.

• Thank you received: 609
7 years 11 months ago #236514

Hello,

Ok I understand, it's quite Paypal specific to have to pass two times the Cart/order but I see what I have to do to fill email notification.
That will require some development and some test, I'm working on this from now.
I will keep you in touch in this topic when I have done the job, be aware that will required some days.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 609
7 years 11 months ago #237154

Hello,

With this email you will find in attachment a zip file, a new version for you paypal express that pass I think data to fill email notification as spoken earlier.
You have just to install it like previous to update your Paypal express files.

I process some tests and everything seems good, I'm awaiting news from you to confirm this.

Regards,

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds