Google Analytics - Product Category reporting

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 5 months ago #251818

-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.22

I have come across an issue related to product variants that is affecting a bunch of different stuff. With Google Analytics specifically, the Product Category reporting shows as NOT SET for all orders. I believe the problem is that all of the products in our store have variants (size and color) and variants do not have a category. It would appear that the product category does not get reported when the item is a variant. Is there a way to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
7 years 5 months ago #251888

Hi,

The category parameter is just not set when the information about the order is sent to Google Analytics.
It's not related to variants. Products without categories also don't send the category information.
The GA documentation didn't say how should that parameter be handled. Is there any restriction ? Can we add anything in that parameter ? And mentioned that that parameter was optional. So when we first developed the plugin, we decided not to implement it.
And so far, no one had a problem with that.

Is that a problem for you that the category is not reported to GA ?

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 5 months ago #252040

It's not necessarily a problem but would be nice to have. In the case of this store, each category is configured to be a stand alone store for clients so it would be very useful. I thought this might be a bug but if it wasn't implemented then it's not that big of an issue.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds