Out of Stock Notification Question

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 11 months ago #269396

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5

I have a question that I cannot figure out a solution to and it is a big product I have I have the Out of Stock Notification enabled. However, I have a category of products that have stock all set to 0 because they are catalog products that cannot be purchased. Then I have another set of products that when the stock falls below 200 from any of these product I need to be emailed that the stock is low.

This is obviously an issue because the cron constantly notifies me because i have a category of products that are set to zero because I do not want the add to cart button to show. How can I exclude the category of products that have a zero quantity?

Would this require custom modification of the plugin?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13067
6 years 11 months ago #269465

Hi,

If you want to keep the stock to zero in these products and have the notification only for the other products, then yes, it would require the customization of the code of the plugin.
An alternative would be to set the stock to unlimited in these products and instead set the sale start date in the future or the sale end date in the past for these products. That way, the add to cart button will still be unavailable for them but the out of stock notification plugin won't take these products into account as their stock will be unlimited.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds